I'm having computer trouble

By ABrown
Apr 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok here is what has been going on with my computer. First I started getting Blue screens about every 3 minutes and I had to reboot. So i went into the bios and looked to see if there was anything strange and I couldn't find anything, my friend told me to flash the bios to see if that would fix it. Then i started getting some error saying there was a problem with a windows system file and that I needed to restart. I did and then got stuck in a "boot loop" where it kept booting up to a screen asking me if i wanted to start normally, boot in safe mode, go to last known configuration, etc and no matter what i chose it would boot up to the same screen. So then I looked around online and it told me to try repairing windows using the xp disk, so I popped it in, booted from disk went through all the stuff to do a repair (not the command prompt one, the one where it just reinstalls windows and leaves all your files alone) and it gets to 100% and then i get a blue screen with a 0x00000050 error. I popped my hard drive into another computer and I was able to access all my files, but I could not access stuff under documents and settings for my account. I think it is because it is password protected. So I need help with either figuring out how to fix windows so i can boot up my hard drive or I need to know how to be able to access my user account on a different computer so i can just transfer all the files over to a different computer and try reformatting the hard drive that isnt working. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex
  2. Po`Girl

Po`Girl Newcomer, in training Posts: 668

First question : How to fix Windows

That Stop error can be caused by faulty memory or errors on the disk.

a)Boot into the Recovery Console and run Chkdisk - Chkdsk /r See HERE

b)Try using each memory stick on it`s own,or swap out the memory.

Second question : How to access files.

Take ownership of the folder and the files.SeeHERE

I suggest you try the second answer first :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.