TechSpot

[Inactive] Residual problems after malware removal

By bellodee
Mar 3, 2010
  1. Hi
    I am afraid I am back so soon after malware removal. I am not sure exactly what the problem is but I'll explain and if this is the wrong forum please redirect me.

Prior to starting malware removal I was having trouble with my display
    1. Sometimes when I switch pc on it boots up and starts running but then there is no display after the boot up display. I either have to hibernate and restart or restart to get a display
    2. Sometimes the top halves or the bottom halves of the letters are missing
    3. sometimes it takes forever for icons to appear when the label has appeared.
    4 computer was very slow.

after malware removal the poroblem with display was still present on and off so I loaded an ATI programme that was on my desktop.

Since then computer has slowed and I am still having problems with display. I have the hijackthis log that I posted after malware removal and one after the problems started. I can post them if that would help.
    thanks

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,647   +267

I suggest, you solve your video issues before we start to blame it on any malware.

3. bellodee

bellodee TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Hi,
    I'm sorry if my post has caused offence. It certainly was not meant to and I apologise if it has. I did say I may have been in the wrong forum. Essenttially I need help to solve the video problem. Can anybody help? Should I be asking in another forum?

Thanks

4. Broni

I see no reason for any apology :)
    I just simply don't see it as any malware issue.
    You may want to repost at Windows section.

5. bellodee

bellodee TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Thanks once again.
    Will ask for help at windows section.

6. Broni

OK.
    Good luck :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.