Infrequent BSODs PFN_list_corrupt (4e)

By helel20
Aug 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hi ive been getting a BSOD(obviously from title) and only have the two latest dmp files(which was a couple of days ago evn though iv'e been using the pc) one states
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)...
    BUGCHECK_STR 0X4E_99...
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA DRIVER FAULT...
    PROCCESSOR_NAME: PRQSTARTER...
    the second is...
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
    BUGCHECK_STR 0x1a_403
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA DRIVER FAULT...
    PROCCESSOR_NAME: DWM.EXE

now after some research i found that it either has to do with the the video ram or ram itself either driver corruptions or hardware failures. I need some one to specificaly diagnose my issues and lead me to a fix please.i have copies of the dmp files if needed. i would greatly appreciate it thanx in advance
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT & MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bugchecks usually mean that there may be some issues with System RAM or RAM settings / voltage.

What is your system's complete specs?

Can you please zip five latest minidumps in a single file and attach it with your next post? You can find minidumps in C:\windows\minidump.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest you to run memtest for at least 10-12 passes on 'each RAM module' individually and see what it says.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.