Insider reveals Facebook's $3.5bn cash hoard

By Leeky
Dec 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook is sitting on a massive $3.5bn in cash according to a well-placed mole's leaked figures, revealing that the social networking giant is earning considerably more money than first believed.…

Read the whole story
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

So what? - Looking at other people's money doesn't give me a boner.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,885   +644

I really hope it doesn't give anyone a boner.

However, it is interesting how much money they make simply by allowing us to talk to each other.
  4. I still don't have a Facebook account nor do I ever plan to get one.
  5. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

i don't understand why people always find that worthy of stating
  6. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

3.5bn, I have the weirdest boner right now.
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,885   +644

oow dear, I really hope your not at work right now. How the hell are ya gunna explain that one?!
  8. Facebook has been spying on us forever now, it doesn't bother me as I have nothing to hide...
  9. Fat cat corporation amasses billions by preying on the abject stupidity, banality, low self esteem, vanity and neediness of the plebs, while 99% of the world lives below the poverty line - tell me something new? It shows that we live in a world owned and run by a minority for a minority, but I knew that as well. So....
  10. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

its not really 'preying' on them if it's not taking anything from them. facebook is a free tool and people use it willingly.
  11. But... But caravel! Facebook is developed 100% with open source tools! Doesn't that mean you should be praising them left and right? :O
  12. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 267

And you got this all from a tool to stay in touch with long-lost friends and business contacts?
  13. oranuro

oranuro TS Enthusiast Posts: 31

How does Facebook monetize people who talk to each other? I don't use the service but was under the impression there was no advertising backing the service.
  14. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

There's are worse things to rail about than the human race's need for a sense of belonging. In a world where designer firewood has a place, you may as well accept the inevitable.