TechSpot

Install / uninstall progs in XP = totale freeze

By Damnass
Aug 9, 2007
  1. A few days ago everything went fine, I normally only have to install xp like once a year. I study ict and its also my hobby.

Only thing I did last couple of days was adding alot of movie codecs ( I use only zoomplayer pro for everything ) and some progs for editing subs, movies etc

My computer worked perfect untill now. I cant install codecs with zoomplayer anymore, coudnt uninstall nvidia suddenly, and every time the same result = total freeze. Strange thing is I can uninstall codecs who were already installed and I could uninstall powerDVD, zoomplayer.

When I play movies, clips or other things that needs a media player, I get the same total freeze of xp. But again with some media files cp freezes and with some not ><

Tryed:
    Running crapcleaner, adaware, search and destroy, 2 online virusscans (bitdefender and panda) + 1 offline norton 360, registry cleaners and compressers, defrag, pagefile defrag, installing latest drivers of Nvidia 162.xxx, I got the latest windows updates.

Conclusion:
    Cant find a logical connection to the problem... and again few days ago everything worked perfectly and the things I tryed, I do them weekly for over more then 1.5 year now so they cant cause the problem.

I really hope somebody can help me out cause I really dont want to re install xp pro again.

My specs:

6600 dual core intell
    2x 350 G WD
    Geforce 7950 asus 512 MB
    win xp pro
    1024 MB 800 Mhz Corsair

2. EZ123

EZ123 TS Rookie Posts: 52

please read my post in this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic83967.html

I can only help if you will provide me with the dump file that I describe the person in that thread.

you will have to repredouce your freeze , and when the PC will freeze up, manual dump you machine. (Ctrl+Tap scroll lock twice)

with this dump I would probably can tell you what the cause of the freeze.

Cheers,
    EZ

3. Damnass

Damnass TS Rookie Topic Starter

Will do it tomorow, dont have the time to do it now :)
    Thx for the help

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.