Installing Windows 2000 from DOS with a external multimedia port

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble reformating I have reformatted various computers but this is a little tricky. It is a Toshiba laptop with an external multimedia replicator inc. dvd and as it is secondhand I was unable to get the companion disks that are ussually provided

I have read rick's thread
t-14204 but this does not seem to do the trick...

I do have the driver for the external multimedia replicator but it is in a self extraction format that will not run through DOS

Are there any suggestions as to how I could get around this problem

Hawks

Welcome to Techspot!
I also got an old Toshiba with the Multi media port that has the DVD in the port.
Go to the Toshiba Web and look through the Download section using the correct model you have in the search. You are looking for the proprietary program that runs the replicator connection.It does not operate in Windows it runs like your CMOS and it loads with floppies.
Once it is loaded you will be able to boot to the W2k disk to load Windows.
I am sorry I do not have time this morning to dig it out for you but it is there.
I will check back tonite to see if you need help to find it.

Thanks Liquidlen thats exactly what i'm looking for, unfortunately I can't find it on the Toshiba web. I've got a Portege 3480CT if you could help...

Try this page it should have everything you need.Make sure you take your time and read through all the file descriptions .The driver for media Dock is on the 2nd page.
://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp?moid=1073769639&ct=DL&BV_SessionID=@@@@1735334208.1105025638@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadddhlfdldhcgfkceghdgngdgmm.0

What I did was print file instructions and copied all files to an ISO #1 type CD ,then as windows loaded you can swap back and forth to load the correct drivers.Remember these I proprietary so sometimes you must force Windows to use these .
Good luck.
Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back