Intel becomes a foundry, offers up its 22nm process

I was reading a few articles, and I found that 32 nm's were getting fried more often than 45 nm. So that made me wonder what'll happen to 22 nm.

I was reading a few articles, and I found that 32 nm's were getting fried more often than 45 nm.
Links ?
Sounds like BS to me. The only instances I've seen of 32nm CPU's dying from OC'ing on less than anecdotal basis were early revision Gulftown 980X's- and that seemed more due to pushing wa-a-ay too much voltage through the CPU by benchmarkers keen to lay siege to HWBot's overclock record database.

I'm confused as to why over-clocking was even mentioned.
Chapter 2, Verse 3 of the AMD Fanboy Bible - "Though shalt make up any old excrement when confronted by articles concerning Intel's process and/or performance"

It's an easy to overlook tome, as it has only just recently been revised into text (from it's previous colouring-book version) with the addition of "Book 2: The First Epistle of Dirk to the Powerpoint Makers of Middle-Management PR", and "Book 3: The Revelation of St.Rory the Divine"

I should've bookmarked the page. Unfortunately I haven't.
But maybe it was because of pushing it too much. The voltage I mean. Maybe it IS BS. I haven't tried. Nor do I want to. Haha. I am an AMD Fanboy, but I prefer being unbiased in terms of performance and price tags. Let's see how it turns out.

Back