Intel becomes a foundry, offers up its 22nm process

By Archean
Feb 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

Sounds good, but wouldn't 22nm be a bit too delicate for overclockers?
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

I'm confused as to why over-clocking was even mentioned.
  3. Marnomancer

I was reading a few articles, and I found that 32 nm's were getting fried more often than 45 nm. So that made me wonder what'll happen to 22 nm.
  4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,699   +586

Links ?
    Sounds like BS to me. The only instances I've seen of 32nm CPU's dying from OC'ing on less than anecdotal basis were early revision Gulftown 980X's- and that seemed more due to pushing wa-a-ay too much voltage through the CPU by benchmarkers keen to lay siege to HWBot's overclock record database.

Chapter 2, Verse 3 of the AMD Fanboy Bible - "Though shalt make up any old excrement when confronted by articles concerning Intel's process and/or performance"
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

"Chapter 2, Verse 3" :haha: - I didn't know they had a Bible!
    I can see there is alot more I need to learn. ;)
  6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,699   +586

It's an easy to overlook tome, as it has only just recently been revised into text (from it's previous colouring-book version) with the addition of "Book 2: The First Epistle of Dirk to the Powerpoint Makers of Middle-Management PR", and "Book 3: The Revelation of St.Rory the Divine"
  7. Marnomancer

I should've bookmarked the page. Unfortunately I haven't.
    But maybe it was because of pushing it too much. The voltage I mean. Maybe it IS BS. I haven't tried. Nor do I want to. Haha. I am an AMD Fanboy, but I prefer being unbiased in terms of performance and price tags. Let's see how it turns out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.