Intel CEO Brian Krzanich quits Trump council over muted Charlottesville response

midian182

Staff member

Intel boss Brian Krzanich has become the latest executive to resign from a Donald Trump advisory council. He was the third CEO in a day to quit the American manufacturing council, a protest against the administration’s muted response to the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville.

In a Policy@Intel blog post, Krzanich wrote: “I have already made clear my abhorrence at the recent hate-spawned violence in Charlottesville, and earlier today I called on all leaders to condemn the white supremacists and their ilk who marched and committed violence. I resigned because I wanted to make progress, while many in Washington seem more concerned with attacking anyone who disagrees with them. We should honor—not attack—those who have stood up for equality and other cherished American values. I hope this will change, and I remain willing to serve when it does.”

Krzanich followed Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank and Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier out of the door yesterday. Trump wasn’t pleased with the Merck Pharma boss' decision, who said he left "as a matter of personal conscience." The president later posted a tweet criticizing the company.

Trump’s initial statement regarding the Charlottesville protests, which saw the death of 32-year-old Heather Heyer, stated: “We condemn in the strong possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides.”

Trump's failure to mention and condemn any of the white nationalist groups involved with the rally drew widespread condemnation. Before he left the council, Krzanich tweeted “There should be no hesitation in condemning hate speech or white supremacy by name. #Intel asks all our countries leadership to do the same”

Since the council members’ resignations, Trump has released a second statement on Charlottesville that called out the nationalist organizations by name. But for Krzanich, Plank, and Frazier, it seems like a case of too little, too late.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Trump’s decision to leave the Paris accord back in June saw Elon Musk and Disney’s Bob Iger leave his councils. Uber’s then-CEO Travis Kalanick and Hint Water’s Kara Goldin had resigned in protest against the immigration ban four months earlier.

Permalink to story.

Corporations never want to look indecisive or on the wrong side of an issue so the resignation isn't really new. Surprisingly, a number of representatives have NOT resigned, which may haunt them and their products in coming months .....

This is why you don't ever comply with a leftist's demands. When you do, it's automatically not good enough and they'll try to bury you for not measuring up.

As for Intel et. al...

They are playing grade school politics. Silent when BLM razes towns, silent when Antifa shows up to protests with weapons, but have a few morons with tiki torches and a schizophrenic make some headlines and now we've crossed a line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cue the 'Snowflake', 'loony left' & 'god damn liberal' comments.
I don't think resigning will achieve anything, I think the brand integrity of each CEO's business would go unharmed if they stayed so this may well be a personal protest rather than a big brand move.

a few morons with tiki torches and a schizophrenic make some headlines and now we've crossed a line.

... It wasn't really just a 'few' morons with 'tiki torches' and schizophrenia, was it? There were hundreds, if not thousands, many of them very well armed, flying confederate and nazi flags. That is not really something to be trivialised....

I don't think resigning will achieve anything, I think the brand integrity of each CEO's business would go unharmed if they stayed so this may well be a personal protest rather than a big brand move.

a few morons with tiki torches and a schizophrenic make some headlines and now we've crossed a line.

... It wasn't really just a 'few' morons with 'tiki torches' and schizophrenia, was it? There were hundreds, if not thousands, many of them very well armed, flying confederate and nazi flags. That is not really something to be trivialised....

Agreed!

It's the white supremacist and their conservative sympathizers acting like "snowflakes" and "loonies". Its laughable when they say they're complaining that removal of traitorous statues of Confederate soldiers and leaders is somehow destroying white culture. The only thing destroying white culture are those that coopt it in order to spread a message of bigotry and hate. As Bill Mauher would say "what a bunch of whiny bi***es".

Agreed!

It's the white supremacist and their conservative sympathizers acting like "snowflakes" and "loonies". Its laughable when they say they're complaining that removal of traitorous statues of Confederate soldiers and leaders is somehow destroying white culture. The only thing destroying white culture are those that coopt it in order to spread a message of bigotry and hate. As Bill Mauher would say "what a bunch of whiny bi***es".

It's amazing to me how many Nazi sympathizers there are. Or at least Fox regurgitated. I can't get it through my head how many people buy into BLM and Antifa being equal to Nazis. As though the groups are two sides of a coin, rather than one group being the symbol of evil in our western society and the other wanting to not get shot by the state when they get pulled over. There's already a few posts on this article trying to pretend there's 2 sides to this. How about we, as American's, recognize that Nazi's are the biggest enemy America ever faced and we don't want them here? BTW: If you are a "white nationalist" or whatever else you'd like to describe that's close to that...F you and get out of my country. We American's don't like you Nazis.

"Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!"

12:58 PM - 12 Jun 2016

- Cheeto in Office

The hypocrisy is real. I know he finally came out and said the groups names, but you could tell it wasn't trumps words given the vocabulary.

Really now? Police with stand down orders, Antifa (who some how all had baseball bats when the nutjob showed up with the car) agitating and assaulting people, and...it was the Reichtards who we need to be worried about?

Here's the negatives on the playing field.

On the right: an extreme minority of retards who are less of a threat than your garden variety Crip.

On the left: People who will purposefully go out of their way to physically and economically harm you for committing acts of heresy.

As a person of color, I will sooner align myself with a man who won't let me date his daughter than one who would have me dis-employed or worse for merely saying or believing the "wrong" things. Nazis aren't my allies, Klansmen aren't my allies, but progressives are openly and unapologetically my enemies.

Once again, a thread from Twitter demonstrating what should be obvious:

https://twitter.com/ThalesLives/status/897471236246306817

The more you people cry Nazi (and continue to make a band of misfit wanna be's into Hitler's army), the more you move people from the middle to the right. The more you alienate dissent and restrict its expression (via social and economic penalties), the more you push people to the far right because you take away any reason they would have to be moderate.

Keep fighting Hitler, though. It's working out swimmingly.

As for being trivialized... It isn't worthy of anything more. Nazism and white supremacy are two of the least dangerous ideologies on the planet. Why? Because literally no one out side of a handful of lunatics finds them appealing. Street gangs kill more people per year than the KKK and Neo-Nazis have over their entire existence combined. And you seem to think these people are somehow relevant to... anything?

Seriously. How many lynchings have the KKK performed in the past 30 years? How many people died last month in Chicago as a result of gang violence? Hell, last week?

They're boogeymen being used as negative marketing against opposing political factions.

This is why you don't ever comply with a leftist's demands. When you do, it's automatically not good enough and they'll try to bury you for not measuring up

While a right-winger will kill you with his car. I'll take the leftist thanks.

let me be clear...ALL RACISM IS WRONG...ALL VIOLENCE IS WRONG

So you side with the people that are attacking innocent business and press. They are using urine and other human waste on people they disagree with or anyone else that might me standing there. How many police officers were murdered is the riots over a legitimate police shooting? you are a great human being

Really now? Police with stand down orders, Antifa (who some how all had baseball bats when the nutjob showed up with the car) agitating and assaulting people, and...it was the Reichtards who we need to be worried about?

On the right: an extreme minority of retards who are less of a threat than your garden variety Crip.

On the left: People who will purposefully go out of their way to physically and economically harm you for committing acts of heresy.

As a person of color, I will sooner align myself with a man who won't let me date his daughter than one who would have me dis-employed or worse for merely saying or believing the "wrong" things. Nazis aren't my allies, Klansmen aren't my allies, but progressives are openly and unapologetically my enemies.

The more you people cry Nazi (and continue to make a band of misfit wanna be's into Hitler's army), the more you move people from the middle to the right. The more you alienate dissent and restrict its expression (via social and economic penalties), the more you push people to the far right because you take away any reason they would have to be moderate.

As for being trivialized... It isn't worthy of anything more. Nazism and white supremacy are two of the least dangerous ideologies on the planet. Why? Because literally no one out side of a handful of lunatics finds them appealing. Street gangs kill more people per year than the KKK and Neo-Nazis have over their entire existence combined. And you seem to think these people are somehow relevant to... anything?

Seriously. How many lynchings have the KKK performed in the past 30 years? How many people died last month in Chicago as a result of gang violence? Hell, last week?

They're boogeymen being used as negative marketing against opposing political factions.

Well said, I feel you maybe wasting your time though. Clearly there are people here with no clue. Just don't mention the horseshoe theory.

Agreed!

The funniest word they use is "Cuck" imo. By definition they are the biggest "cucks" in the country considering they elected a foreign leader trying to f*** their country lol.

Well said, I feel you maybe wasting your time though. Clearly there are people here with no clue. Just don't mention the horseshoe theory.

I've never once attempted to change the mind of the person I'm engaging. Waste of time.

When I participate in these discussions, it's primarily for the passers-by who will read but not comment.

I don't condone violence on either side, but you've fallen victim to your own bias.
You do your best to disassociate yourself from the far right saying they are an extreme minority, yet I would say the same of those on the left, yet to me in this situation I would deem them the lesser of two evils, as they are responding to an extremely bad reaction to a very reasonable request to take down a statue of a glorified racist.
I would be worried about both sides, yet the enemy my of my enemy is my friend in this situation.

Maybe you are right about white supremacists and neo Nazis not being something to really worry about, but still absolutely freaking disgusting and should be fought, either tactically, intellectually, fiscally or physically, surely you can't deny? Turning a blind eye because they aren't that big a problem makes them think they can get away with it.

Maybe you'd consider me left because the UK is more in general than the US, but I don't really consider myself to be left, and I can make the distinction that most on the right don't want to be associated with these kinds of violent minority gangs any more than I would.

This is why you don't ever comply with a leftist's demands. When you do, it's automatically not good enough and they'll try to bury you for not measuring up.

As for Intel et. al...

They are playing grade school politics. Silent when BLM razes towns, silent when Antifa shows up to protests with weapons, but have a few morons with tiki torches and a schizophrenic make some headlines and now we've crossed a line.

Crime in this case is non-political. Running people over with a car is pure terrorism whether you are a Dem, a GOP, or a libertarian. if you haven't, take a look at how that Nazi dude indiscriminately drove his car into the crowd at high speed.

I don't condone violence on either side, but you've fallen victim to your own bias.

You do your best to disassociate yourself from the far right saying they are an extreme minority, yet I would say the same of those on the left, yet to me in this situation I would deem them the lesser of two evils, as they are responding to an extremely bad reaction to a very reasonable request to take down a statue of a glorified racist.
I would be worried about both sides, yet the enemy my of my enemy is my friend in this situation.

Maybe you are right about white supremacists and neo Nazis not being something to really worry about, but still absolutely freaking disgusting and should be fought, either tactically, intellectually, fiscally or physically, surely you can't deny? Turning a blind eye because they aren't that big a problem makes them think they can get away with it.

Maybe you'd consider me left because the UK is more in general than the US, but I don't really consider myself to be left, and I can make the distinction that most on the right don't want to be associated with these kinds of violent minority gangs any more than I would.

Where was your indignation when BLM was killing cops? Where was your outrage when they killed eight white civilians in Ferguson? And what's reasonable about wanting to sanitize history, exactly? After seizing all the firearms that's the first thing fascists do..and the American left has become overwhelmingly fascist. I would think that someone from the UK would have more appreciation of this..or has Orwell been torched by the "firemen" already?

Obama took almost three days to condemn the violence in Ferguson. He never named a single group committing the violence. He even told the police to not "escalate" the situation by actually doing their jobs. He never once apologized for ANY of the MULTIPLE times he called police officers racists before false charges of racism were exposed..and EVERY SINGLE INCIDENT he commented on during his presidency eventually proved to be a LIE. The pandering of these soulless corporate jackals is about one thing only: the almighty dollar. Empty political posturing has become the new free advertising.

Last edited:
Where was your indignation when BLM was killing cops? Where was your outrage when they killed eight white civilians in Ferguson? And what's reasonable about wanting to sanitize history, exactly? After seizing all the firearms that's the first thing fascists do..and the American left has become overwhelmingly fascist. I would think that someone from the UK would have more appreciation of this..or has Orwell been torched by the "firemen" already?
Again, I am against violence of all kinds, it is completely the wrong way to go about protesting these issues.
The issue of BLM killing cops in itself was a radicalised individual retaliating against the racist treatment of caps against African Americans. It radicalises the other side against them and makes a martyr of those whom were killed.
I also don't think history should be sanitised, but put on display for all to see - warts and all and displayed for how most of it is a long lesson of mistakes to be learned from. There are no lessons to be learned from glorifying Lee with a statue IMO. Personally, I wouldn't action to tear it down, but I wouldn't have supported creating it in the first place (Same as my stance on my country's monarchy).
I do acknowledge that there is a portion of the American Left that are fascist but in most circumstances I wouldn't say it's as clear cut to call them the majority, normally it's as small a minority as any, in the odd example it's blown way bigger than it had any right to be (Like when they trashed that uni for hosting Milo Yiannopoulos). I normally hear many more examples of the American left being called liberals and hippies.
As it stands I didn't vote for my shambles of a government. The IP Act that just got voted through is infuriatingly intrusive, I'm pretty sure Theresa May and Amber Rudd have lady boners for Big Brother.

I didn't think any of these Silicon Valley muckety mucks liked Trump in the first place. Methinks they likely joined just so they could quit in protest when it became convenient. This was inevitable.

But, it's no biggie. They just went off to their golf clubs, and Trump went to his. Pretty much it's like the whole sordid affair never happened. Well, save for the fact, Musk likely won't be getting government grants to bore tunnels under center city Los Angeles.,

I didn't think any of these Silicon Valley muckety mucks liked Trump in the first place. Methinks they likely joined just so they could quit in protest when it became convenient. This was inevitable.

But, it's no biggie. They just went off to their golf clubs, and Trump went to his. Pretty much it's like the whole sordid affair never happened. Well, save for the fact, Musk likely won't be getting government grants to bore tunnels under center city Los Angeles.,
Trust captaincranky to mention Musk ;) I do agree with you here, I don't really know what this advisory board was actually brought together for, what has it achieved in the last 6 months, other than basically lobbying. (For good and bad).

You do your best to disassociate yourself from the far right saying they are an extreme minority

Let's start off with this one. First of all, I don't "do my best" to disassociate myself from the far right. My exact response online and IRL is, "...and?" To which I then follow up with basic math:

There are fewer than 25,000 white supremacists (members of KKK, Neo-Nazis, Aryan Brotherhood, etc.) in the United States. This means that the extreme right (as characterized by the U.S. media) is approximately 0.007% of the population.

Their ideologies are so wildly unpopular that they can't even grow their numbers to one hundredth of one percent of their national population. They aren't trivial. They are a complete joke that has managed to gain national attention because people more clever than they are have figured that useful *****s dance to swastikas.

a very reasonable request to take down a statue of a glorified racist.

They are attempting to whitewash history in the same way that ISIS does in the Middle East. "I don't like what I've been told this represents, so it shall be torn down." It isn't reasonable at all. In fact, no part of being triggered by a statue to the point that you lose your sh*t is reasonable. It is demonstrably irrational and shows a complete lack of self-control,

Get away with what, thinking bad thoughts?

Also, how exactly do you fight something intellectually when you ban the other side from voicing their ideas?

PayPal has ceased processing for "right wing extremists."

Discord has ceased service for "right wing extremists."

GoDaddy has ceased service for "right wing extremists."

YouTube has hidden/locked the content of "right wing extremists."

Twitter has banned popular "right wing extremists."

And when they try to have a meetup or press conference, Antifa shows up with a bunch of cops ordered to stand around and watch.

That isn't fighting an opposing view. That's dictating what can and cannot be expressed.

Maybe you'd consider me left because the UK is more in general than the US, but I don't really consider myself to be left

No, I consider you left because your expressed values match theirs.

Crime in this case is non-political. Running people over with a car is pure terrorism whether you are a Dem, a GOP, or a libertarian. if you haven't, take a look at how that Nazi dude indiscriminately drove his car into the crowd at high speed.

This reminds me... where are all the cries from the anti-Trump folks and progressives about "not all right wingers" after this car attack? I recall they were all saying we shouldn't stereotype Muslims after the most recent truck attack carried about by their radicals.

Back