TechSpot

Intel expands Ivy Bridge CPU lineup, adjusts prices

By Rick
Sep 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Intel has expanded its processor lineup to include several new Ivy Bridge variants spanning across both mobile and desktop markets. Accompanying the fresh batch of silicon will also be a number of welcome price adjustments to existing CPUs.

Read more

2. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 518   +86

Not really exciting at all.

3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I agree. I was expecting something like a 3790 or a 3770x. I'm looking for something that really blows everything out of the water...not subtle additions in between current processors.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,116   +1,523

Tell me about it, there is only one thing that would highly impress me. If Intel adjusted the price of their older CPU's to a price/performance scale of their newer CPU's, I'd be highly impressed. Once Intel switches platforms they are setting themselves in a position where price adjustments are not needed.

5. For me it is exciting, just bought 20 celeron g530 for an internet coffee and now I see the g550t :-(
    But anyway, the g530 is amazing for the price. I want to see the reviews of the g550t.

6. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

No 8 cores, no 6 cores, no 12 cores... what up with that??

7. No 24 cores no 36 cores no 48 cores. No 64 cores no 128 cores? Also no 128 bit and 256 bit or 512 bit processors. And where is the 400 ghz computers. Where are the nano tube laser computers and where are the 400 tera byte magneto laser head hard drives. Most importantly where are the 5000x 3000 pixel 30 inch retina displays.

8. Yep it is time to dump more trash on the market since AMD execs seems to be laying in front of their buldoser.

9. Oh intel. yOu integrated memory, video on the cpus. How about integrating anti virus and os and the hard drive there too. Oh and wifi. How about hacking tools too. And you can also put the FBI on the cpu die too. Since the patriot act has sold them our privacy.

10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,116   +1,523

Damn are we wanting a polluted CPU or what?

11. Jason Taylor

Jason Taylor TS Rookie

Technical correction -- the "T" in the i3 series has nothing to do with Sandy Bridge -- it refers to CPUs that run at a cooler max Thermal Design Power (TDP). Effectively, those CPUs draw less power under load than the non-T marked CPUs.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.