Intel Funds Attack Report on AMD

By lokem
Mar 28, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been reading this at a couple of sites now and since it hasn't been posted here, I guess it's newsworthy enough IMO:

Other sites covering the same topic:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/27030210.htm
    http://www.hardocp.com (it's in the earlier news posting)
  2. Prelapsarian

Prelapsarian Newcomer, in training

That most definitely sucks. A report funded by your competitor to bad mouth you.
  3. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 773

Agreed. While that practise isn't new, I'm surprised that Intel has sunken so low as to do such a thing. I know what my future CPUs are gonna be...
  4. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Lokum,

Here is also an interesting article from AMDzone about some other stuff Intel is doing.

Intel Teaches About AMD....?

Full article

Interesting huh ??
  5. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Posts: 868

Analyst stands by AMD bashing report!?!

They guys never cease to amaze me. They get paid to make this false report bashing AMD's marketing scheme and now they get paid more to say that they "stand by their report". I would say it too if they paid me enough money and I had already printed the false report.
    The fact that these "analysts" can be bought off is just sad and what is even sadder is the fact that Intel would drop to such depths. I know this might sound like I'm bashing Intel, but I would do the same if AMD were to do it. It is just shameful and very bad business ethics.
  6. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

I was pretty discusted about that too Super. Its like, you start getting ahead of the "big guy" and everyone wants to debunk you. Not talk the good, just try to knock you down....you know ??
  7. lokem

Problem is, the "big guy" has enough ammo to wipe off a lot of "non complying" companies. It make business sense to join the "big guy" instead of the "underdog" :(
  8. lokem

Viahardware.com just posted an analysis on that report:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.