TechSpot

Intel MB D945GTP/AA# c97839-205

By marstech
Jan 25, 2009
  1. This pc stopped booting. I thought it was the P/supply but a new one gave the same results. I've narrowed it down to the 4pin 12volt wht plug on the MB when this is plugged in I get nothing just a grn lite and when I push the on button a slight movement of the fan and nothing else. but if I leave it unpluged the fan spins and the HDD get power but no MB boot. a new PS did the same thing. this is a SATA system. MB # D945gtp aa # is C97839-205. Do I have a short in the CPU? what sort of test can I do on my own? Thanks mar

2. seanc

seanc TS Rookie Posts: 88

Take the board out of the case and put it on a table.
    Hook everything up and see what happens.

I slapped an older machine together recently for hard drive testing and data recovery - it was dead as a dodo. Popped a new PSU in and still got nothing. A colleague declared the mobo dead.

Took it out of the case and put it on the desk - works perfectly. Left it running for 4 hours testing the RAM I'd put in it.

3. marstech

marstech TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok I'll try that right now

4. marstech

I took it out and nothing. But when I took that 4 pin plug and pluged it into another socket of different board it still stopped the power supply

5. marstech

Does anyone else have an idea of this problem with this MB?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.