Intel MB D945GTP/AA# c97839-205

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pc stopped booting. I thought it was the P/supply but a new one gave the same results. I've narrowed it down to the 4pin 12volt wht plug on the MB when this is plugged in I get nothing just a grn lite and when I push the on button a slight movement of the fan and nothing else. but if I leave it unpluged the fan spins and the HDD get power but no MB boot. a new PS did the same thing. this is a SATA system. MB # D945gtp aa # is C97839-205. Do I have a short in the CPU? what sort of test can I do on my own? Thanks mar

Take the board out of the case and put it on a table.
Hook everything up and see what happens.

I slapped an older machine together recently for hard drive testing and data recovery - it was dead as a dodo. Popped a new PSU in and still got nothing. A colleague declared the mobo dead.

Took it out of the case and put it on the desk - works perfectly. Left it running for 4 hours testing the RAM I'd put in it.

Take the board out of the case and put it on a table.
Hook everything up and see what happens.

I slapped an older machine together recently for hard drive testing and data recovery - it was dead as a dodo. Popped a new PSU in and still got nothing. A colleague declared the mobo dead.

Took it out of the case and put it on the desk - works perfectly. Left it running for 4 hours testing the RAM I'd put in it.

ok I'll try that right now

I took it out and nothing. But when I took that 4 pin plug and pluged it into another socket of different board it still stopped the power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back