TechSpot

Intel Pentium, Celeron chips will be updated to Ivy Bridge by early 2013

By Matthew
Nov 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Although it's well known that Intel's 22nm Haswell architecture will replace Ivy Bridge-based Core i3, i5 and i7 chips sometime next year, new details have surfaced about the release plans for the company's lower tier brands. Industry sources cited by...

Read more

2. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Booster Posts: 295   +50

" Additionally, the sources note that orders for the Core i7-2700K, Core i5-3450, ..."

I think you meant i5-2450, unless there's a reason to stop the production of an Ivy Bridge processor.

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,087   +84 Staff Member

DigiTimes lists the i5-3450.

4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

DigiTimes lists a lot of things...

5. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

Maybe it's a typographical error.

intel is retiring it's sandy bridge line up so the i5-2xxx sandy bridge likely gets the boot and not i5-3450 ivy bridge.

6. distantreality

distantreality TS Rookie Posts: 55   +6

Ugh have been waiting forever to pull the trigger on a new build sigh looks like I will be waiting for the 3rd quarter of 2013! hope my old e6850 core2duo can hold out until then or me for that matter lol but 50% less energy use than ivy will hopefully be awesome

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.