TechSpot

Intel sweeps record earnings into its coffers, anticipates 2012

By Matthew
Jan 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Say what you will about us being in a post-PC era, but Intel's pocketbook sure doesn't seem to be feeling it. The Santa Clara-based chipmaker releases its financial breakdown for…

Read the whole story

2. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 266   +29

Given the success of Sandy Bridge processors I'm not surprised by this. Whatever questionable business practices Intel has engaged in there's no denying their engineering prowess when it comes to CPUs and chipsets.

3. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 365   +49

When I think about businesses with questionable business practices, Intel really doesn't seem to come to my mind high up on my list. Should it?

4. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 266   +29

Intel has engaged in questionable business practices (bribing companies to use their processors instead of AMD's) in the past. I don't want this to deteriorate into a flame war so I'll stop here.

Regardless of what they've done there's no arguing with Intel's ability to engineer great CPUs and chipsets. I'm not surprised that they've posted high profits this quarter.

5. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

Microsoft also made a buttload of money. Its crazy how everyone has been screaming that the sky is falling in these companies, but it seems like every year they break their own records.

6. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

I think the fact that Mac sales are increasing means good news for Intel. Scratch that, I KNOW... I wonder how much Intel bribed them though...?

7. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

But there is no doubt, *this* is the key to their success:
    "...and $4.4 billion allocated to research and development..."

8. "But there is no doubt, *this* is the key to their success:
    "...and $4.4 billion allocated to research and development..." "

yep! if amd would have done the same at it's high point, they would still be relevant today.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.