TechSpot

Intel to launch low-cost 40GB SSD, new enterprise lineup

By Matthew
Nov 11, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intel plans to release a $120 40GB SSD, which the company hopes will be adopted as a boot drive in servers, or potentially used in low-end laptops and netbooks. Intel is also working a new line of enterprise-class SSDs including models that are 50GB, 100GB, and 200GB in capacity. The new series of SSDs would be a substantial boost from the company's currently available enterprise drives -- the X25-E -- which only ships in 32GB and 64GB capacities.

Read the whole story
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,232   +79

Keep them comming!
  3. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

I'm sure limited capacity SSDs will have their uses, but I wish they would just focus their efforts on making SSDs more cost effective at larger capacities.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

Nice to see the pricing finally dropping to more realistic levels. Now if they can get a 500 gig SSD down to about $100, I'll be a happy camper. ;)
  5. DJ83

DJ83 TS Rookie Posts: 32

This sounds like good news to me, have been reluctant to dole out for the expensive drives thus far. I'm sure I'll probably go buy one of these in the near future :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.