Intel's Core i7-2700K arrives next month for $330-$350

By Jos
Sep 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. More rumors are surfacing regarding the Intel Core i7 2700K processor that's expected to debut in the coming weeks. Contrary to earlier reports claiming it would be introduced at theā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. hopefully BD does better than this
  3. Hankhendrix

Hankhendrix TechSpot Member Posts: 22

I agree, Intel are having a laugh. $330-350? Hmm, so you're saying i could pay $80-100 more for my processor, and it will be only marginally better? Well then.
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,073   +75

I've been using AMD for a couple years now, and I'm ready to switch back to Intel. AMD just hasn't been able to compete, and unfortunately I don't think their new architecture will be able to stand up against Intel either.
  5. "Intel is apparently cherry picking the best of the best of its Sandy Bridge cores" ,yeah right....I'm calling a boat load of BS!
  6. I don't know, maybe the 2700k is better than the fx, but why do you need that much extra power?, with eight cores at $200, the fx looks excellent, even if you think in gaming or convert videos.
    If you do video editing for living or you are gamming with multiple monitors maybe it is worth it.
  7. yea intel is charging too much and 70$ does make a difference in todays economy so hopefully
  8. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,073   +75

The Toyota Prius might be a popular car, but I would much rather sit behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz.
  9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,035   +70

+1 Wendig0
    Prius is one ugly beast, personally I'd rather be behind the wheel of a SLS ;). And to Guest #3, some times less is more, so more cores on AMD's BD may not mean much in real world anyway.
  10. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

*When* AMD releases these chips, we'll see the benchmarks of retail products, and the price vs performance of both sides will become very apparent.

What's the point of getting so worked up about something that can be quantitatively determined?
  11. prius is cool! its future...and amd is better at the same money.
    intel is like apple, expensive crap, only at extreme is better(intel).

12. when will the battle between sandy bridge-e vs bulldozer happens? :D
  13. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

/implying bulldozer will be competing with Intel's LGA 2011 chips.
  14. Bulldozer lost, reviews seen so far they have a hard time competing with their own chips let alone intels.
  15. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,788   +639

$US 331 is the apparent price. A couple of days ago I would have said this would possibly mean that this would compress 2600 and 2600K pricing. Fairly unlikely in light of current events.

D2 rev/stepping ( same as 2500K/2600K )

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.