Intel's Ivy Bridge mobile processor benchmarked

By Shawn Knight
Apr 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A reference notebook powered by Intel’s upcoming Ivy Bridge processor has been benchmarked by a Bulgarian website by the name of Laptop.bg and the findings look promising for mobile users.…

Read the whole story
  2. Do you guys think intel will catch up with amd in the graphic department?
  3. naw dude, thats a long shot, by the time they do , "If they do", you wont even like games anymore, you are gonna be into " whats the fastest wheel chair in the market" by then.
  4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 458   +65

lmao

They certainly have the money for it but lack the experience Ati had.

I think you will see their cpu's maybe getting closer to equal before we see the graphics being equal if ever.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 761   +178

@ Lionvibez: Your comment about ATi makes no sense.
    @ Guest: AMD is trying to catch/keep up with Nvidia, the circle goes round and round :). Nvidia's drivers/features/software is far superior and the best money can buy.

As far as the article, I can't wait to see how much of a difference the 3D transistors can make when utilized properly. Sandy Bridge had respectable performance though, not surprised to see my little 2430M hang in there.
  6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,700   +586

The only things lacking are the will, and drivers. Intel now seemingly has the desire to move into iGPU, and drivers?...well, how long does it take to get some of AMD's fired staff to sign an employee contract ?
    I presume you mean AMD getting closer to Intel's CPU, and not vice versa...and I think you're wrong in the overall supposition in any case.
    1. How much graphics horsepower does a mobile CPU/APU actually need, bearing in mind screen resolution and the general state of gaming ?
    2. At the speed of Intel's innovation, AMD could well be staring at a major deficit in performance/watt (a major consideration in the mobile space) and performance/mm^2 (foundry process), and a much closer comparison in on-die graphics once Intel integrate on-package DRAM into their CPU's.

You seem to be suffering from the same myopia that has plagued AMD for some years- namely a blind faith that AMD will offer a better product based on past events. You would have thought that Conroe, Nehalem, Sandy Bridge and Fermi/Kepler might have cured the belief that AMD were the only company capable of innovation.
  7. Zeromus

Zeromus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 230   +7

About the intel's idea of iGPUs, they're more lenient on the idea that their streaming implementations are bottlenecked by main memory bandwidth. I think it's more correct to say their GPUs are fine and that all that was missing was faster memory.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.