Internet abnormally slow

Recently, I had a virus on my computer. I quickly removed the virus, but after it was removed, I noticed that my net had become noticeably slower. My downloads that previously topped around 150 kb/s now capped at around 20-25 kb/s and would sometimes freeze in the middle of their download. I scanned again, even in safe mode, and nothing malicious was found. I reset the modem and still the problem persisted.

After trying everything I could think of, I decided to reinstall Windows Vista. After backing up my important data, I did a complete fresh install of Vista. Formatted the HD and everything. This usually solves any kind of problems that I have if nothing else will.

I started windows after the reinstall and opened up my browser, I discovered that my internet was still slow like it was before. I opened up the settings page for the modem, and everything seems fine. I don't know what else to do.

Hoping you guys can help me shed some light on my problem.

My information is-
ISP- ATT

Modem- Simens Speedstream 4100

Connected at- 1536 Kbps (downstream)
384 Kbps (upstream)

Don't know if you need more information or if that's helpful information, but thanks for any help you guys can provide:)

Back