TechSpot

Internet connection issues after deleting Mac Miniport Network Bridge

By jball101
Sep 14, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. After deleting the Mac Miniport my comuter is unable to connect to the internet. Whenever i turn the laptop back on i get a screen saying that msauditei.dll is missing from APPDATA\Roming, i dont know if is related. I went into manage network connections and the wirless and lan symbols still say that they are bridged although the miniport is gone. I checked in device manager and it is not their either. What do i do?
    Help greatly Appreciated
    Jordy101

2. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 298

Performing a system restore to an earlier date should do the trick.

Out of curiosity, why did you delete that? o_o

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,474   +329

Roaming is the profile type; you should be able to use the non-roaming as an alternative
    ... but I don't recall its name or how to tell the system to 'stop roaming'

4. jobeard

5. jball101

jball101 TS Rookie Topic Starter

PYGMUS thanks for the promt reply,
    i have already attempted system restore and it says that it cannot do it because something is corrupted. It then suggests a scan to fix the issues and that is then imposible as it says that the hard drive is in use. And in regards to why i deleted the it is that i was running my xbox through my laptop, i used the bridge as ICS kept giving an error and would not eniciate. I later deleted the bridge as i did not need it any more, I am really regreting it now as i am still unable to get the internet.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

and

thank you jobeard,
    new information, when i booted up my laptop today, it no longer said the file is missing just access denied, is their a solution?

6. jobeard

google for Take Ownership which will give you full access.
    while you're doing that, you can add your login and set Full Control for future access

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.