Internet Explorer 8 / Mozilla Firefox?

economichitman

Can someone tell me what is up with Mozilla Firefox? My Mozilla browser hasn't been operating as efficient as before (months now) which forced me to go back to Internet Explorer 8. As everyone knows, IE is much more prone to malware & spyware attacks. With no avail, I had been infected by some well annoying tracking malware (Cid pop-ups). So, I'm in the midst of eradicating the issue.

However, the point is, is Mozilla tweaked and fixed to function as efficient and smoothly as before? Or, are there still problem to Mozilla Firefox?

I'm not really a teckie guy so it drains me out a lot on fixing up with malicious attacks/problems.

Anyone out there could shed me some light in answering my questions? Could appreciate some guides as well. Thank you very much!

Cheers!

IE8 isn't so bad really. Firefox is fine, but it likes to eat a lot of RAM because it preloads links from webpages you have open, or so I have heard. Firefox doesn't have a huge security advantage over IE like it used to back in the days of IE6/7, so just use whichever browser you prefer. Reinstalling Firefox or removing any add-ons might make it run a little faster.

Funny you mentioned it MetalX. That's what I thought so really. I actually commented on that to a friend of mine when Firefox worked up with incompetency. Since I switched to IE8, I realized that it wasn't so bad! Till I got infected with a tracking malware. Which was why I asked.. Anyway, if it's true that Firefox optimizes the RAM then it will makes sense on why it's functioning so slow on web surfing, especially on Facebook!

Man.. I am dreaming of upgrading to Windows 7!!! I've read of good reviews about it! At least better than Vista >,<! Unfortunately, with my current financial circumstances, I can't afford one now =( Hehe!

I mean, alot of the time, that is the simple solution. perhaps it was an update gone wrong or something.

Try checking if any of your addons is the problem by disabling them one by one.

Also if you surf the net a lot try deleting part or all of your history (i usually just leave homepages of the websites that i visit often) as it tends to slow down the browser if you have thousands of pages. It helps a lot!

PS: if you have vista, then switching to win7 helps too and not only the browser works better but all of your programs. i use win7 pro on my notebook (check my system specs) and i had vista installed before. It's like a bought a new and more expensive notebook. it works better with aero on than vista with the win98 interface.
PS2: i got my copy from microsoft for free because i'm a student ^_^

Back