IRQ not less or equal Win7 64-bit

dvdmon

I have an HP Laptop (Pavilion dv7-6c95dx) with Windows Home Premium 64-bit that I bought only in February. Haven't had any issues with it until this last week or two. Got one or two BSOD's (at random times it seems) in the last 1-2 weeks, then as of this morning whenever I boot into Windows I get it. It usually happens within a minute of everything loading, never much past that, and sometimes it's only a few seconds. Been looking here and elsewhere for a solution and heard that examining the dmp file would be helpful so am uploading one that I got in Safemode and transferred to my work laptop via thumb drive. Unfortunately I can't examine it myself because I don't have rights to install any software on my work laptop. :( Would really appreciate if someone could take a look and let me know if there's an obvious issue.

I haven't plugged in any new peripherals in the last couple of weeks, but here are the items that control panel have said were installed within that period:

Google Drive
Android SDK Tools
Splashtop Streamer
Facebook Messenger 2.1.4554.0
Mp3tag v2.51
MP3 Tag Tools v1.2
Free YouTube to MP3 Converter version 3.11.24.608
Music Manager (Google Music)

All but the first three were installed 10-14 days ago, so I'm guessing those probably aren't the culprit, although I'm not sure if the first three are likely candidates either...

Thanks so much for any help!

Attachments

• 070512-50528-01.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
Tried uninstalling one of those first three in safe mode and seems like you can't do that? Error 1719.Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that it is properly registered and enabled.

Perform a factory restore. It should be found in the (F8) start-up options... Or recovery options

Yeah, I did a restore to a restore point from 3 days ago (which was my oldest). I just booted to Windows and got another BSOD, but this one is not the same IRQ one, it's MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I'm trying to figure out how to do memory diagnostics - how to get into that. The HP Recovery that I've gotten into only has options to perform chkdsk on hard drives, so I'm doing that, but I know I've done memory diagnostics before, just not on this laptop - on Dell PC's I've had in the past, so will look for a way... Oops, just got the same BSOD running the CHKDSK! That doesn't seem good. I'm guessing this is an issue with bad memory?

I'm NOT talking about a Windows Restore, I want you to do a Factory Restore to put the laptop in a condition like it was when you first took in out of its shipping box... It formats the hard drive and puts the programs, utilities and drivers on fresh. Understand now?

Ok, I just was trying to figure out something a bit less destructive first. Obviuosly didn't work. I'm backing up files tright now in preperation for doing a factory restore. Will let you know what the outcome is...

Okay, good. Keep those backups, you should do it often anyway. Just, pictures, music and document and maybe email

Most of my stuff is "backed up" via Dropbox, but I had some items on my desktop I hadn't backed up recently, and it is a real pain transferring them via thumb drive to another pc - doesn't help that the biggest thumb drive I can find in the house that works is only 2GB :(

You can back up to a DVD 4GB or dual level DVD 8GB too. I even back up to a Blu-Ray disc 50GB

I used to back up to DVD and CD, and then found that some of these were getting corrupted, so gave it up. I feel more comfortable keeping copies of the same data on multiple PC's via Dropbox, although I probably will an external HD at some point to dump some of these files to as well just in case. Probably would be good to get another cloud storage account, maybe Google Drive for added redundancy.

By the way, I'm STILL transferring files. It's literally taken 2+ hours to copy over this one subdirectory I guess because it has 9K files. Guess I should have zipped the thing, but now it's 90% done, so I'm just going to see it through...

Hah, well, it looks like I'm going to lose those files. Not a big deal, just a backup of my smartphone's SD card, which I can make a new one of any time. Basically, I keep getting BSOD's after a certain time in safe mode, whether I'm just copying files or zipping them, so something seems to be getting even less stable - memory? I'm just going to go for it at this point and do the factory restore...

Well, he's dead, Jim! Just tried a factory restore and guess what, BSOD right in the middle of the thing. There must be some bad memory here, guess I'm bringing it to Best Buy this weekend to see if they are the ones who will fix it or if I need to ship it to HP for repair :(

I'm going to go directly to HP. I'm leary of Best Buy being helpful. If HP says I need to go there I will but I'll first attempt to talk to HP directly...

Good idea. Did you register your new laptop for warranty purposes with HP? If not, you can do it over the phone

I don't remember, but I almost always do it, so I probably did. Thanks for the tip. Pretty sad that memory goes bad on a 4-month-old laptop. We've had a few Dell's that have generally worked fine for years (as in 5+) before needing any kind of fixes, if any...

Well, finally got some time to sit down and call HP. Walked through memory diagnostics - which I should have done myself but somehow couldn't seem to find out how to do that on my own - and one of my SIMMs was bad. They are sending me a replacement and in the mean time I've restored to factory and and starting the long process of getting everything back on here. I could have avoided all of this by just doing the memory test myself and removing one of them, but they might have made me try to do a full retore in order to "prove" that the memory was bad, who knows. Anyway, guess it ends up being a minor inconvenience, but still something that's annoying, especially after just 4 months of owning the thing.

In any case, thanks for the help!

Back