Irql less than or equal? was D1 now 7E

JollysH1

Hey all at the Techspot, I have a problem you might be able to help me with!

939 Neo 4 Platinum
AMD64 X2 4200
2Gb PC3200
Nvidia GT220

All HD's tested for errors
All RAM tested with Memtest86
All drivers up to date

BSOD from MMORPG or streaming video, system also hangs on occasion, usually with audio stutter. BSOD was 00D1 but last one was 00E7 only change between them was an increase in page file size.

I've enclosed the last 2 dmps in txt format, I'm totally at a loss and would really appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• minidmp1.TXT
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Minidmp2.TXT
    7.2 KB · Views: 1
Thx for the reply Route44

I don't have a wireless adapter present, I use an ethernet connection.

Current board drivers are the latest nForce 4 drivers ver 15.23 from Nvidia web site.
My Ethernet adapter is an Nvidia nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet #2 and is running driver ver 67.8.9.0 which came with the nForce 4 drivers mentioned above.

GT220 card is running latest whql drivers once again from Nvidia web site Ver 260.89 and they were updated using Nvidia's scan hardware prog.

I've used Vista to search online for every item listed in my device manager and all was up to date barring my AC97 audio which I updated to 6.0.1.6285 but It's not in use anyway as I'm running a sound card.

Hope the info helps shed some light on the prob cos I'ts way beyond my knowlege.

Go ahead and attach your five latest minidump files; if you have less that is fine. Please don't zip each one individually.

Last 4 Dmp

left them in dmp format but I can open and supply in text with symbols decoded if needed.

Attachments

• Mini101510-01.dmp
    151.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini102110-02.dmp
  • Mini101810-01.dmp
  • Mini102110-01.dmp
    150.5 KB · Views: 1
Okay, nothing definitive was cited except OS drivers and they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. However, in light of your symptoms I want you to do the following steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay and exit the utility.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Now try doing those things you normally do when you get BSODs. What are your results?

Ok once again thx for the reply,

Downloaded Driver cleaner pro 1.5 and installed.
Uninstalled drivers for video card.
Re booted in safe mode and cleaned graphics drivers using DCP 1.5
Rebooted and installed latest video card drivers from Nvidia.

Tried to play MMO online - after 5 min audio locked into piercing scream and video locked too, unable to exit screen - ctr alt del no function - computer completely frozen had to power down to reboot - unfortunately this means no dmp file but I'll try a few more BSOD favorites to see if I can get one.

Hmmm, what is your temperatures like especially for the video card? Are the fans working, especially for your card? Seems this is either a defective card or a heat issue. One other thing, does your power supply fgive the power your card needs?

Aha ha! Now we have something definitive. Your issue is with memory corruption. Not sure how long you ran the test but see below.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Thx for the advice I have 4 x 512 DIMM's I'll look into memtesting each one to find the culprit, but I'm sure I ran Memtest86 to it's conclusion last time.

I've attached another dmp just incase it shows anything else.

Attachments

• Mini102210-01.dmp
Another 0x1A error code and memory corrupt was cited as the issue.

Before running memtest per stick (bad RAM on occasion has been known to Pass) first find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Here's the info as requested Route44, and once again thx for your help!

Slots 1 and 3 have A-DATA Technologies SCNGC1916 Recommended voltage 2.5v
"They sound like cheap crap to me! but I may be wrong"

Slots 2 and 4 have GEIL CL2.5-3-3 DDR400 Recommended voltage 2.55 - 2.65v

Current Bios settings for Memory voltage is 2.65v

MMO crashes instantly upon opening now, but if I remove any one of the four Dimms it works? any ideas?

Yes, but first give me the timings of your A-DATA if you can. But I believe we've found your problem.

OK Route44 here are the Timings taken from CPU-Z

A-Data Dimm's

JEDEC#1 166mhz

CAS# Latency 2.5
RAS# to CAS# 3.0
RAS# Precharge 3.0
tRAS 7.0

JEDEC#2 200mhz

CAS# Latency 3.0
RAS# to CAS# 3.0
RAS# Precharge 3.0
tRAS 8.0

GEIL Dimm's

JEDEC#1 166mhz

CAS# Latency 2.0
RAS# to CAS# 3.0
RAS# Precharge 3.0
tRAS 5.0

JEDEC#2 200mhz

CAS# Latency 2.5
RAS# to CAS# 3.0
RAS# Recharge 3.0
tRAS 6.0

Not really sure what any of that means! but I'm sure you do! if these timings are not what you needed please let me know how to find the info required including any software I might need to download. Once again thanks for your help.

Rule # 1 on RAM: If you are going to mix different manufactures it make sure they match.

Rule # 2: The mortherboard will set all RAM to the slowest of that which is installed.

A-DATA has increased its quality significantly but I have a feeling yours is older. Not bad at that time but not a Tier 1 option.

Geil can be good but has hit or miss.

* Here is what I want you to do: Run just one pair of memory in your system. Do you gain stability? Now run the other pair. Do you have stability as well?

* I believe your 4 sticks at once are causing your issues and there are differences in the CAS# Latency plus they are set at different speeds. Something is off here.

pretty sure any 2 at a time will be stable as any combo of 3 is stable! plus the board manufacturer actually says that the board is not compatible for 3 sticks! hence any combo of 3 turns up in the post dialogue as single chanel 62bit even though I have 2 of the dual chanel's active. Weird thing is! the only reason I'm using this board is that my prev board "ASUS A8N SLI Premium" kept giving me a "System failed memory test" Audio alert and refused to post!

I'll try one pair then the other but I'm pretty sure each pair will work, but maybe not with eachother.

Can you link me to your motherboard or if not the full make and model number of your board?

Note: This board is designed only for memory to be set at, and quoted directly from the link you gave me: "Supports 2.5v"

Isn't it a bit strange that the Optimized default settings in BIOS set the mem voltage to 2.65? do you think reducing the voltage manually will give stability?

Reading the manual more carefully it does note that your board may have revisions as to what voltages may be run.

Try manually setting it to 2.5. My suspicion is that your motherboard does not like the mix of memory and/or the configuration.

Yeah that seems to be the case - I set the Mem voltage to AUTO in bios "It's the only setting less than 2.55v" Still crashed with all 4 DIMMS.

Removed One DIMM and was able to play for 10 min or so then crashed again, but this time I got another dmp! please ignore the date on the file.

I'm trying with combo's of 2 at the mo just to see.

Attachments

• Mini123103-01.dmp
    150.4 KB · Views: 1
Error code is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

The cited cause for the y7our latest crash, though not specific, is hardware. In light of other reads and issues the hardware is probably memory.

Back