is internet explorer infected with a virus? + what are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

i have pcguard(free with telewest blueyonder) on my computer + ran a scan for virus's, as i was having problems with internet explorer. it found 3 virus's + couldnt disinfect them + had to delete them. they were: #1) c:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\vbq32rgx\forum display(1).php #2) c:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\vbq32rgx\vb(1) #3) c:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\wbk72rkh\vb(1). before i ran the scan, when i went onto certain websites(for instance www.techspot.com/ it would be fine, until i tried to get onto the forums. i would be left looking at the desktop or i would recieve the following message: windows explore has encountered a problem and needs to close + c:\docume~1\owner\locals~1\temp\9ae_appcompat.txt. + if i go to the scan report it says: virus definition file - avsdk-20061930.msp does anyone know what this means + if so, can you please give me some advice? thank you in advance.

As I and no doubt others have mentioned in one of your zillion other threads
on every subject under the sun,if you`ve got spyware go HERE
follow the instructions,then post an HJT in the Security forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back