Is my comp any good?

i used to think my comp was pretty good untill i bought starcraft 2 and couldnt play any of the campaign videos, doesnt make anysense to me since i can play COD MW2 easily with no problems, and i thought that woulda been better then SC2. So please tell me if my comp is any good or not, or even y i might not be able to play those vids

System info
Model: Inspiron 545
Processor: Intell Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 2.66GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
System Type: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Operating System
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Video Card: NVIDIA geForce GT 220
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Memory: 1TB (have about 600GB unused still)

if theres anything else u want to know just ask me and ill tell u

thanks for all the help everyone

P.S. - i was thinking about overclocking my comp, should i/can i?? dun know but much about overclocking but i am open to learn how

The GT220 is your bottleneck. That's a budget card and thrown in a lot of these prebuilt systems.

You might want to look into a gts 250 or an HD 4850 , you will get a substantial performance boost and they can be had for $100.00 USD

$ 100 usd?
Here's the Newegg page for Nvidia GTS 250 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...007319&IsNodeId=1&name=GeForce GTS 200 series As you see 100.00 is a tad optimistic, at least ATM. But, some cards come close, and you certainly catch one on sale for $100.00 if you bide your time.

You could also grab a GT 240 for $60.00; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150475 This would be roughly equivalent of one of the older 8800GT cards, still not bad for many, many games.

You might want to look into a gts 250 or an HD 4850 , you will get a substantial performance boost and they can be had for $100.00 USD

I brought a HD 4850 only 2 weeks ago to replace a broken 8800gtx, I must admit for £75 its a great card especially for the price.

Did you say, can't play the game or can't play the video cinematics between missions?

Cinematics. XFX Nvidia 250 GTS 1GB. Gameplay runs great on ultra settings, cinematics fail terribly. Screen goes black, then comes back, game minimizes comes back etc. Makes viewing cinematics extremely frustrating and just about impossible. Prob would fully crash if I was running XP. Running W7 Pro x64.

I am sure it is the card because I replaced with nvidia 8400 (so ugly) and cinematics (although awful looking) ran without an issue. I have reseated the card, redownloaded drivers, ran sc2 repair tool and even just reformatted.

DadVo, rather than hijacking this thread, it would be better if you started your own. It creates unnecessary confusion trying to answer two different posters in the same thread.

I have yet to find someone who has come close to describing a problem similar to mine until yesterday so I figured I'd act on it and make sure that person sees my post just in case they have some useful knowledge for me. I tried PMing hellokitty first before posting on this thread but because I'm new I don't have that option. But I do apologize for any confusion I may have caused, I'll start my own thread.

Back