Is my PSU good for HD 5750?

hello !

i have a Deluxe ATX-450w P4 psu
450W 18A on the 12V rail

will it be enough for a Sapphire hd5750 512 mb?

my system:

mobo: gigabyte EP41-UD3L
cpu: intel Q8300
ram: 2gb DDR2
hdd: sata 640 gb
current gpu: gigabyte 9400gt

will the psu provide enough power at least for a month or so, untill i can afford a new psu?

It'll be too tight.

The HD 5750 has a full load power consumption of about 66W. The remaining system (CPU+Mobo+HDD etc.) should require about another 150W from the 12V line. So a total of 216W which comes to exactly 18A from the 12V line.

You won't be able to run any stress test applications as the power usage of the card will go up to about 85W.

I recommend you invest in a PSU which has higher amperage on the 12V line. A Corsair 400CX will be pretty good.

so i have to upgrade the psu. thanks

what would happen if the system doesn't get enough power? wiil it just reboot or will that damage the hardware?

I could be wrong here, but check and make sure you don't have 2- 12v rails in your PSU. 18A is awfully low for a 450W PSU. even the Rosewill's 450w are running 28-30A on their 12v Rails.

Not enough power is hard on the components and the PSU. It will strain to provide power above its specs and cause a lot of heat. The efficiency goes down from the heat and that's when things break.

Rats, was hoping you would find a bonus there :) That's one of the lowest Amp ratings i have seen on a 450W unit.

Those aren't what I'd recommend. How much are you willing to spend in RON? You'd need to spend at least 200 RON for a decent PSU that will power your system and last for a couple of years at least.

Back