Is registry tool really must have software for me?

Hello,

Lately I am facing some very weird RunDLL32 errors while I am trying to run programs I need for work. Also some shortcuts are blank, and no longer point to correct application.

Here is image of screenshot I took: img718.imageshack.us/img718/3414/rundll.png

Some of my so-called tech friends have recommended me to install good antivirus with built-in firewall, which I already have (Kaspersky 2011) and get some good registry cleaner software.

Since I am a tech newbie, I've been checking many reviews like fixexe.com/best-5-registry-fix-and-repair-tools/ and most of them seem to recommend Registry Easy, or ACA Utilities.

I hope you guys can advise me what registry cleaner to choose, if choose at all?

Any help would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

Ann D

I also say you should avoid using/relying on registry cleaners (especially as a newbie)

Rather, IMO i'd recommend

1. you start in our Malware forum to get checked out and declared "malware free" for starters. See HERE for instructions and post a new thread in the malware forum with your logs pasted

2. Once they say you're OK, i'd try reinstalling the programs giving you grief as well as running a Windows System File Checker tool called SFC. But you can post for help with those later if need be (along with your system specs, like computer make/model and your Windows OS info)

Sound like free utilities would be very useful to you. If your AV is kept up to date and you run a firewall you're unlikely to have any infection on the computer. Use something not too extreme. It will tidy things up and make your computer run faster. I like Glarysoft Utilities (free) and run it regularly. CCleaner is another one which is easy to use. Defrag the hard drive occasionally and you should have few problems.

Back