Is this a good computer to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayRay

hi everybody

this is the first time I gonna build a pc, and I need some suggestions if there are something that don`t a good choise or do not compatible with the other stuff.

this is what I`ve choosed so far:

mobo: ASUS P6T DELUXE V2
videokard: PINE/XFX GF9400GT PCI-E 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDTV
RAM: OCZ TECH DDR3 1600MHz Value Gold Tri Channel 6GB 3x2GB
Harddrive: WD 1TB SATA DESKTOP STORAGE 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 920 2,66 GHz
PSU: MIST, 800W
DVD Rom: Sony DVD-burner AD-5240S +R/+RW -R/-RW SATA
LCD screen: ASUS Monitor 22" Wide WSXGA+ 1680x1050 DVI-D
mouse: Roccat Kone Gaming mus 3200 Dpi
keyboard: LOGITECH Media Keyboard 600 USB

any comments are appricated.

The graphics card is a big let-down. The rest of the system is very good. What is your budget for this build? At least get yourself a GTX 260 / HD 4870 1GB. Or if possible a GTX 275.

Do you have a link to that PSU. I've never heard of MIST - not saying it's a bad brand - I'm just unsure about it. Err. The graphics card could be better. I'd go with like at least a 9800GTX or something. Depends on what your budget is. But the rest of the build looks fine. Don't forget an OS with that. =)

My budget is about 2250 USD or 1500 Euro(its kalkulated from norwegian money)
A gaming pc is not the big deal for me. I just need power for a digital audio workstation and other programms that swallows CPU and RAM

and bludfist, the Mist 800w was recomended on a norwegian site who testing all kinds of hardware independently. i did not find any english sites for this product

It would be very helpful if the OP could at least post his budget. From the specs he initially mentioned I would presume the budget is around the $1500 mark.

Also, from the fact that he intends to get the Roccat Kone mouse he might be located in Europe.

EDIT: The OP did post his budget and my assumption was wrong. However, as I predicted, he is from Europe. :D

For a digital audio workstation I think you would need to invest in a sound card rather than a graphics card. Do you intend to play any games at all on this PC?

For a programs that will require a lot of CPU and RAM power the original i7 build is better IMO. However, consider getting a better PSU like the Corsair 650TX.

nice, the Corsair 650TX is cheaper. thanks

the audiocard is m-audio Delta 1010LT

some gaming of course, but not the newes/biggest one.
btw the graphic card is pretty cheap compare to the rest of the stuff.

nice, the Corsair 650TX is cheaper. thanks

I don't know anything about the MIST, so can't say if it's better than the Corsair.

some gaming of course, but not the newes/biggest one.
btw the graphic card is pretty cheap compare to the rest of the stuff.

Then I would still recommend at least the ATI HD 4850 for a graphics card.

For your budget and use, I recommend these parts:
Grand Total = kr. 10500 approximately, not including delivery charges and not taking into consideration the sound card. A very powerful and nearly-silent PC for your audio production needs. Should be able to handle most games fine too.

ok, my last update so far to buid pc is:

Motherboard: ASUS MK P6T SE Intel X58 Socket 1366
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 920 2,66 GHz
RAM: OCZ TECH DDR3 1600MHz Value Gold Tri Channel 6GB 3x2GB
Graphic card: PINE/XFX GF9400GT PCI-E 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDTV
PSU: Seasonic Seasonic S12 Energy+ 550W
Harddrive: WD 1TB SATA DESKTOP STORAGE 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE
DVD Rom: Sony DVD-brenner AD-5240S +R/+RW -R/-RW SATA
Soundcard: Creative SB X-FI Titanium
Case: Lancool PC-K62, Miditower
Mouse: Roccat Kone Gaming mus 3200 Dpi
Keyboard: LOGITECH Media Keyboard 600 USB
LCD: ASUS Monitor 22" Wide WSXGA+ 1680x1050 DVI-D

for all this it costs about 2200 USD

And I also consider to use firewire audio boxes later, this first.

any comments?

i like rages build better i dont like ocz memory ive had to many of them fail over the years go with rages build and i think you will be happier :)

how about chancing the RAM to Corsair XMS3 1333MHz DDR3, 8GB, CL9
Kit w/four matched 2GB?

Is it possible to change the GPU later?

yes its possible to get a new video card later but the 9400gt you picked wont play anything its crap for anything but hd video and the ram has to be in sets of 3 for tri channel so its either 3 , 6 or 12 gig of ram not 4 and 8 like duel channel.

oh. any good cheap GPUs you know about the same price?

is

Corsair TWIN3X 1600MHz DDR3, 6GB, XMS3 kit 3x2 GB a good choise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back