Is this a good computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d12eam

NZXT Trinity ATX Mid-Tower Case w/400W Power Supply
939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3200+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB
Nvidia Geforce 6600 256 mb with dvi and TV output
512MB DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module
200 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache]
16x DVD-ROM + 52x32x52 CD-RW Combo Drive
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Mitsumi 1.44 MB Internal Floppy Drive
Logitech Multi-Media Keyboard
Logitech Optical Internet Mouse

For $573.00.

Is that a good deal?
(thinking of buying it for my nephew who wants to play mainly BF2 so can it play it?)

Thanks. Got the deal from ibuypower.

Yes it will, on pretty basic settings however. Your nephew will be able to play it on low or medium settings pretty smoothly.

The only thing I may recommend is another 512MB stick of ram.

i say it's definitely a good buy, but i also agree that you should double the ram. a 6600 may be sufficient for your nephew's gaming needs, but if not go for a 6800 or even an 7800 if you're willing to fork out some dough. ;)

have similar pc

I'm not sure if you want to save some money too but there's no need for the SATA 2 (I don't think it'll improve performance over SATA 1). I have pretty much the same PC and you WILL need at least 1GB RAM. You don't need the floppy drive. I'd change you combo drive for at least a DVD-R (prefer DVD-RW). You might want a better mouse for gaming. I'd OC the 6600 using coolbits too (or get the 6800). :)

d12eam said:
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Typical advertising.. 7.1 sound was already mentioned in the mainboard specs.

600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
Translation: ~50W RMS active speakers. Are there even seven of them (plus subwoofer) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back