Is this build ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving money or getting ahead in the fight against obsolescence ?

:haha:,,,be nice now, AMD has its place :)

that is a good build pctobeupgraded, if you want more input, post your budget and what the build will be used for. for the dollars spent here, you can put together a i5 build, or come real close.

aside from needing only a dual channel memory kit, that board has the best PCIE slot layout to be found...if you are going to CF.

Don't Let Them Call Your Monitor "Shorty".........

If I had $1600.00 dollars to spend on a PC, I'd buy a 23 or 24 inch monitor.

This in deference to the fact that many of the current crop of monitors have the High-Def resolution of 1920 by 1080. This is a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is "slightly vertically challenged" as compared to the old standard 16:10 resolutions. (IE 22" 1680 X1050 or 24" 1920 by >1200<).
the link you posted is that of your empty shopping cart :)

Yo is sho that that ain't no Gurgle redirectionin' birus...?

If I had $1600.00 dollars to spend on a PC, I'd buy a 23 or 24 inch monitor.

This in deference to the fact that many of the current crop of monitors have the High-Def resolution of 1920 by 1080. This is a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is "slightly vertically challenged" as compared to the old standard 16:10 resolutions. (IE 22" 1680 X1050 or 24" 1920 by >1200<).

Yo is sho that that ain't no Gurgle redirectionin' birus...?

Dam sho mite.....why y'all gettin up in my grill!? :p

....aw geez, i have no idea what im talking about......I gave up right about the time of 'tha bomb'...or was it 'Da Bomb'?

Dam sho mite.....why y'all gettin up in my grill!? :p

....aw geez, i have no idea what im talking about......I gave up right about the time of 'tha bomb'...or was it 'Da Bomb'?
If yo wants to be an "ethnospeakologist" ya dun gotta start wiff da basics. IE; the verb "to is". "First dawg > I is <, second dawg, > yo is, third dawgs, > dey bees <", baby steps, toward the ultimate goal of being completely incoherent. Please note that certain dialects may use "bees" in da second person also.

Or like my pappy used to hear me say, "buy 'em books, send 'em to school, and they shoot the teacher" .

the board is good? can it support all the things that i hace chose plz answer yes if its ok and answer no if its wrong with the link of a good mobo

The board is good and will support all of your components, just make sure you replace you triple channel memory Kit choice with a dual channel kit (2x2Gb)

4 RAM slots....best you use either 2 or 4 sticks.
4 RAM slots and 3 sticks = 1 dual channel and 1 single channel.

Yo ain't gon shine wid no single channel, yo betta buleev dat.

i ****ed up my build hehe because theres no triple channel mobos for amd hehe hey red i know you know a lot of gaming pc behemots can you build me a super good gaming pc with 6 gigs ram, 24" monitor i reccomend this if you have a cheaper one plz post linkhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254040&cm_re=hanns_g-_-24-254-040-_-Product, and good speaker mouse and keyboard

thxs but i think i saw a monitor 24.6 hanss g somethng that was really cheap $180 i think i have the link
Most of what I've seen written about Hanns-G's product has been positive. Check out some of the reviews at Newegg. Their old 28" was a big seller.

Keep in mind that Hanns-G doesn't include a DVI output. They're only D-sub (analog) and HDMI.

This is of no real consequence, since the video card you've chosen has HDMI output.

The monitor is only on sale till Monday. So if you're going to get it, you need to decide soon.

At $1600 I really liked DBZ's recommendations in your other thread.

However, if you want to go cheaper, I would recommend these instead:

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB - $69.99
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W - $89.99
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5850 1GB - $299.99
MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX - $167.99
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz - $165.99
COOLER MASTER RC-690 - $69.99
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 - $39.66
Sony Optiarc AD 7240S - $24.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 - $84.99

Total - $1013.58

EDIT:

If you would like an i5 setup at a similar price, go with these:

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz - $199.99
MSI P55-GD65 LGA 1156 - $159.99
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro - $36.98

The rest of the components remain same as above. Would cost you about $20 more than the AMD build.

All the best. :)

Are you very much into overclocking? If you're not then the Arctic Cooling will do very well. For a moderately OC'd system it should be good enough.

The 650TX should handle 2x Radeon HD 5850.

The biggest question, pctobeupgraded, is your budget. If you're definite about spending $1600 (excluding monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.) then go ahead and get more expensive components. Else, you'll have to stick with the systems recommended by DBZ or myself to be able to accomodate the other peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back