Is this computer good for modern day gaming?

I have been looking for a computer for a while now and I came across one that is fairly cheap with most things a good computer would need to run. The computer is the 2016 HP Pavilion 550 Desktop, AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon R5 graphics, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive. If most people don't know what it has it has a 1TB hard drive, 8GB ram, quad-core processor cpu system, and 2.0GHz. So does anyone know if this desktop is ideal or good?

It might run pre 2012 games ok at 1920 x 1080....but I doubt you could maximize the graphic settings in those games.

I'd definitely not buy it. Save up more cash, be patient.

Don't buy junk.

Nope, but the games under 2010 would run fine as long as you want to stick with low res and low graphics. I cannot stand on it BTW, its better play it on PS3 which is cheap right now.

Project cars, overwatch, assasins creed series is good example of that.
I'm not to0 particular with detailed graphics, long as the picture is crisp, the colors seem right and the effects make the games feel like what its suppose to be.
It's all good to me but techno123 makes some good points, you have lots of graphic *****s out there who want it too perfect.

Perfect 100% means best gear you can afford it or get second best great hardware under good sales all year long.

Last edited:
Run the games at 720p or 900p. a study showed people could not tell the difference between 900p and 1080p when the contrast was re adjusted on 900p.

Back