It's Cold!

T

tifc8lraz

Bizarre weather so far this Winter...Boston was spoiled with disgustingly high weather and we finally got hit on the head by mother nature with a high in my town of 18F (-7.7C) with a windchill of about -5F to -10F (-20C to -23C). In the morning there were windchills of -20F(-28C). I have dealt with this before, as in 2004, we had a day that hit -9F (-22C) with a windchill between -25F to I would say -30F (-31C to -34C). Well, I now have to get out the hat and gloves...for another New England day in the winter ;) .

EDIT:

There's this city in northeastern Siberia called Yakutsk (Якуцк, I think that's how you spell it). The temps are incredible. Just take a look here.

Was 4 when I went to work Tuesday morning. Was 10 when I went to work this morning. Hasn't been above 20 either of those days. This is with over 100,000 people out of power because of the ice storm over the weekend. My town didn't get hit real bad, I had power for all but about 4 hours. I took some pics Saturday before the 2nd round of ice hit, you can check them out here.

Its 65 and sunny here in Arizona..Hehe. The worst ive experienced was when i lived in Chicago for half a year during the winter. It got down to about -20 and then with the wind chill it was about -45. Needless to say thats the last time im going to Chicago during the winter

SNGX1275 said:
I took some pics Saturday before the 2nd round of ice hit, you can check them out here.

That happened where I live about a year ago, and it was very hard to control a car, and everything was coated with ice. It was very cold too on top of everything.

It got to around -10, -20 here a couple nights ago and the windshield on our new 2001 Camry spidered beyond repair. I hate cold! :mad:

Right now here in Juarez it's gonna snow :) The max temp today was 34 F, and the low is expected to be 19-20 F.

Pretty COOL ;)

I would have never thought it could snow in northern México :suspiciou ! Right now it's about 22F here, with really strong winds (which = wind chill factor of 8F). I haven't gone outside all day :) . Look here.

The last 5 days have been -20 Degress Celcius at night and during the day it's been about -10 degress celcius!

And that would be about -4F at night and 14F for those who reside in the US ;).

I was born and raised up north in Canada, regularly hit -20 to -30c, but let me tell you about Japan (were I live now). The houses here are not insulated, and the windows are all single pane. Electricity is very expensive in Japan so there is no central heating. Typically Japanese people just heat the room they are in. Well, I just got up and went to my living room to use my computer, and the temp inside equals the temp outside. Currently about 2c. Grrrr, hurry up heater!!!!

DonNagual said:
I was born and raised up north in Canada, regularly hit -20 to -30c, but let me tell you about Japan (were I live now). The houses here are not insulated, and the windows are all single pane. Electricity is very expensive in Japan so there is no central heating. Typically Japanese people just heat the room they are in. Well, I just got up and went to my living room to use my computer, and the temp inside equals the temp outside. Currently about 2c. Grrrr, hurry up heater!!!!

You should come to America :)

Could global warming explain all this?
Or, maybe it's just weird weather.

To some degree (no pun intended)...but its always been cold like this on the east coast. Global warming seems to make things warmer..for example last year Chicago had its warmest winter on record. But yeah i definitely think global warming has a huge role in it.

I went to my parents house last night to help my dad get some tree limbs and such cleaned up and cut off one of the barns, and get some branches off the garage. They got power at about 6:00PM last night, 6.5 days of no power. They did have a generator powering some of the house so they were able to not freeze to death. But they had no water because the well is a couple hundred yards away from the house and on its own meter. And they had lent out their other generator to another family in town that didn't have electricity.

Spent this morning helping wire in a generator to another one of their friends houses that hasn't gotten power back. Its been out 7+ days for them.

Left my parents house early to get back here today because another storm was comming in. It dumped 2 inches of snow in about 2 hours, then changed to rain/sleet. Its building up on a tree out my back door here again. This could take out power to us that got it back, and further delay getting power back to those that still don't have it.

Here are some pics of my front yard last night. Isn't much compared to you east coasters...but it almost never snows in the desert.

Attachments

• Techspot 1.JPG
    Techspot 1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Tech 3.JPG
    Tech 3.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Techspot 2.JPG
    Techspot 2.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 5