I've problems trying to uninstall Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

Hi guys, hope you can help.

I've tried to uninstall and delete everything to do with Kaspersky on my machine, and everytime I wish to install this new version, it tells me I still have Kaspersky installed. Telling me to uninstall it before reinstalling. Arghh..

I think where this problem originates from, is the fact that some time back I deleted something I shouldn't have in the registry. Since then, most programs shown in the "Add/Remove Programs" list don't have "Change" or "Remove" options. This has meant I've had to rely on going into directory folders of programs and clicking the "Unwise" (Uninstall) icon. This leads me back to Kaspersky.

This option did not exist in the directory folder as far as I saw. Therefore I had to do a hard deletion of the directory folder, and relevant registry entries of the Kaspersky program. I've gone over regedit three times now. There's no entries for C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab anywhere. No option on the Contect Menu Handler part either. The only place I've left it in, is the "Control" part to do with Security Center recognising Kaspersky.

I've also looked in Task Manager. There's obviously no Kaspersky processes running:) The only files of Kaspersky that do not want to be deleted, no matter how many times I deselect "Read Only", are:

dnsq.dll, klscav.dll, miscr3.dll, scrchpg.dll and shellex.dll

These are all in C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.

Anyone have any ideas? What if I try to rename .dll to something like .dlll? Oh no, that doesn't seem to work either:(((

Was this your thread HERE ?

It looks like a pretty exhaustive set of solutions,

(from a Microsoft tech) with no satisfactory fix.:rolleyes:

No, I only use this site for tech problems. But I will be looking through that other thread. I've spent the whole day restoring my PC, because of this problem. I was trying to be careful when deleting stuff in the registry and I still managed to **** it up:( Not even System Restore worked! I wish the registry was more easy to understand.

In order to fully uninstall the product:

* download the archive KAVremover.zip
* unpack the file KAVremover.exe from the archive
* run the file KAVremover.exe
* in the field enter the code from the picture
* click the Remove button
*wait till the dialog window is displayed informing about successful product removal
*click the OK button
* reboot your computer

Regards Jase

Hey,torrenter you didn`t read that thread then ! :)

That was solution one.

I don`t think the original poster knew what they were
doing,to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back