TechSpot

Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is out: iPhone 4S, iPad 2 need not apply

By Rick
Nov 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Another version of iOS, another jailbreak. The iHacking community has been on a roll lately, releasing jailbreaks in record time for virtually all iterations of iOS 5, even throughout its…

Read the whole story

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 376   +43

There is no such thing as a completely secure system, so there will always be hacks made if there is a high enough demand for them. If someone wrote a bruteforce program to bruteforce apple's signature on the firmware, it could eventually be cracked. It may take five years with 100,000 people running their gpus at max, but it could be done. I'm sure someone will break apples new updates either way, its just a matter of time.

3. "The old practice of saving your SSH blobs alone is not enough to guarantee you can restore your phone once this happens."

*SHSH blobs, not SSH.

4. Mobile Safari now works no matter what state the semi tether is in.

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I'm glad Apple is so hard at work limiting what you can do with the hardware you bought.

But then you can't blame them, 30% is a lot of money.

6. pffftt ....why the heck would anyone buy a phone from their hard earned money and have to go through all this crap to just to get to use it the way they want ?!?!?! beats me...

7. Pffftt probably the same reason people buy a car then add bigger alloys and a load of speakers, because they want to improve on something they already like ;)

8. your example is deeply flawed my friend.

9. yeah but a car at least has the basic features. this is like buying a car and it's locked to run at 25kmh while everything else is at 100kmh

10. its more like a ferrari, that runs like a ferrari, but without a jailbreak you can't listen to certain radio stations on the radio or change the color of the pain on the exterior, and you have to pay for gas.

11. don't mention "iPhone 4S" if you can't JB it. Thanks.

Also your random question is bs.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.