Java substitute?

vomacka

I was wondering if there is a "Java substitute" program that does the same thing as Java but is more secure? Has anyone made such a program, or is Java "it"?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

I was wondering if there is a "Java substitute" program that does the same thing as Java but is more secure? Has anyone made such a program, or is Java "it"?

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Well, there are other languages, but there is nothing that substitutes Java. What languages do you know other than Java, I think it is time to call it quits with that language.

There are many things to do to safeguard Java.

It is recommended to unplug your browser from Java, at least the main one, and only use Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in a lesser-used browser. Whenever you need to use a site that required Java, use it on your rare browser, so that you don’t get tripped up by ads or other exploit sites that try to access Java on your main browser.

Additionally, make sure to occasionally clear the Java cache, which will help prevent old temporary files for Java from loading. It’ll make the Java experience a bit better. This may also help remediate issues, if a Java application doesn’t run.

Oracle has announced on its website that it will “start auto-updating all Windows 32-bit users from JRE 6 to JRE 7 with the update release of Java, Java SE 7 Update 15 (Java SE 7u15), due in February 2013.”

(The information here is part of a recent article I published here.)

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.
I will update my Java to 7 and see what happens.
Then I will try to, in Firefox, disable it and see what websites are affected. If none are, then I will leave it disabled.

Thanks
Scott

Back