John McAfee arrested in Guatemala, facing expulsion back to Belize

By Shawn Knight
Dec 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. John McAfee, founder of the security firm by the same last name, has been arrested in Guatemala after he reportedly entered the country illegally. He was taken into custody at a hotel in Guatemala City after trying to seek asylum...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,850   +342

How in the world does someone that looks so unintelligent become so successful?
    haha I mean seriously, he looks like the anti-typical-software nerd.

All that running away does is make you look even worse.
  3. MrBungle

MrBungle TechSpot Booster Posts: 146   +64

The last time I used McAfee was back in 2004... and after that exprience I think its good he was arrested.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Nut job...
    Burty117 likes this.
  5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

6. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 518   +73

Because you just broke one of the golden rules never judge a book by its cover.

Looks do not equal intelligence or your potential to earn money unless your a hooker which only the latter part matters.
  7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,850   +342

it was a rhetorical question...I was joking around. I am well aware that appearance is completely irrelevant to general intelligence.
  8. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Haha, programmers and computer gurus used to have that hippie appearance, or something similar
  9. The next Deus Ex game character will be modelled after the image in this article. ;)
  10. dcnc123

dcnc123 TechSpot Member Posts: 52

Haha Dues Ex! that's what comes into my mind by the time I saw the picture in this article....
    :D
  11. He has a face of mad !!!
    :p

12. IwanWi

IwanWi Newcomer, in training

Far Cry 3 :D
  13. Gareis

Gareis TechSpot Member Posts: 73   +14

Sounds like the law has been interested in him for a while... maybe his neighbor was killed to set him up?

Not a conspiracy theorist or anything, :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.