TechSpot

Join us tonight for TechSpot's Friday Night Fragfest

By Matthew
Dec 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Interested in meeting your fellow TechSpot members on the battlefield? Join us every Friday at 9PM PST, 12AM EST for our weekly gaming event, Friday Night Fragfest.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,369   +405

I've participated several times. Hella fun group to play with....highly recommended!

3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

Major thumbs up from me too!

Midnight Eastern time for United Kingdom members its saturday mornings, 5am. :haha: Seriously worth it though! :D

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

I'll join for TF2 sometime, just need to work out the time. :p

5. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

I can't wait, its a blast.

6. Leeky

Maybe this will help you:

00:01:00 Saturday December 4, 2010 in EST
    converts to...
    15:31:00 Saturday December 4, 2010 in Australia/Adelaide

I have to say that time is a whole lot better than the 5AM time for my timezone in the UK! :haha:

Or you can check yourself here.

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Thanks, I used that website myself just before. Still handy for others visiting thread. 3pm Saturday... definitely see you there. :D

8. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 248   +12

I just got last friday's deal of Left 4 Dead 2 for 5 bucks on Steam, I'll be waiting to play it along techspot members :)

9. FLHR

FLHR TS Rookie

Good times and lots of fun been there a few times ...
    Able737

10. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

How about BC2 or COD? Those would be great additions

11. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 239

Im entering the Battle in Team Fortress 2, i have ever played that game, but I have to let the good times roll!!.

12. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 641   +118

yes, Bc2 would be awesome.

13. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

That's cool, I would play Left 4 Dead, Dirt 2 or GTA IV with you Techspot(if your going to add any of these?). I might get Left 4 Dead 2 for Christmas =)

14. TwiztidSef

TwiztidSef TS Rookie Posts: 49

Cool. If a couple of games I have ordered don't show up today. I will be online. Hopefully my fall-back gpu will work well.

Steam name - Monoxide801

15. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Sounds cool I'll probably be around. For anyone that wants to play BC2 just hit up fellow TSers that play, I'll probably be playing a lot again with the new maps & expansion coming in a few weeks.

16. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,369   +405

Anyone up for UT3? Be nice if we could squeeze that one into the mix too. :)

17. Leeky

Is this the BC2 that everyone (including you) is refering too?

Also, is this an add on, or a completely separate game?

18. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

First question: Yes.

Second question: Yes, it's an upcoming expansion based on the Vietnam war, which will be released the 21st. To Steam and EA Store users it will be released on the 18th if you pre-order it. Its only 15 bucks. I bought the BC2 game for the same price on Amazon.

Until Battlefield 3 is released, BFBC2 is the greatest multi-player first person shooter. (GoldenEye being a close second) :)

19. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,086   +84 Staff Member

Yeah, I imagine Bad Company 2 is probably the best bet. I'll have to check everyone's Steam library to see how many people have it before adding it to the rotation.

20. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 298

hehe Earlier this week I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2.

So far, I know how to shoot, sprint, and get in some vehicles. xD

21. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Many people would have it through the EA store. For a while it was $20 cheaper than steam. It won't show up then :(.

P.S. steamname Furry Atom. Also I'm confused. I'm in EST and here says 12. But on steam it says 1am sat. Which is it?

22. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,086   +84 Staff Member

Just double checked the Steam event. It's set for the proper time as far as I can see. Says 12AM and I'm in PA.

23. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

If I'm correct that's Pennsylvania right? Must be a steam glitch on my end. I live in kitchener and it's the same time here as where you are.

24. Leeky

Its displaying the right time for me in Steam; 5am. :haha:

20 mins to go! :)

25. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 248   +12

If you're playing L4D2 I'll be happy to join! I'll be waiting for Steam's Holiday Blowout Sale to get a discount on Team Fortress 2 :) Add me: Cueto_99

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.