TechSpot

JPR: Nvidia loses discrete graphics market share, still on top

By Jos
May 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The first quarter of the year saw some 19.03 million discrete graphics cards shipped worldwide, according to the latest numbers from Jon Peddie Research. This number represents a slight 0.2%…

Read the whole story

2. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 248   +12

Wow... No trolls yet... I'll just have to wait some more minutes... IMO it's good to see AMD growing in the graphics market, lately they've been pushing some great products...

3. Timonius

Timonius TS Guru Posts: 587   +34

lol! Trolling for Trolls? :p But yeah, I agree with you. Now if only both major companies could straighten out their naming conventions then I think most of us would be happy.

4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +54

Well, Radeon cards have not been as bad as Geforce cards in terms of superficial renaming, but they're gonna hit 9000 again in only 3 generations, I wonder what AMD will do then. Then again, Nvidia is only one generation behind that naming wise.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.