JS Downloader.agent virus detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge84

hello,

Can someone please help!!!

my avg detected js downloader.agent and I followed all the steps to remove it.

also, I ran avg again and it says that there is another problem:

Object: C:\\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Result: change

is this another virus?

Thank you,
serge

Sorry to be a pain

I use computer for my finances and really would hate any of my personal information to be stolen. Can someone let me know if the virus has been deleted.

Thank you in advance,
Serge

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update TAb at the top
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 5) Follow the on screen instructions
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5
  • The 4th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_05 folder

The rest of your log looks clean, ill maybe see if someone else wants to have a look over it though.

After doing this,
Boot into safe mode,
Show hidden files and folders,
and do a scan with AVG antivirus
and AVG antispyware, remember to set it to quarantine the results and post back the logs.

Boot back into normal mode and rehide your hidden files,

Run HJT and post back that log as well.

Thank You

You do not understand how much this means to me. I have not had a virus in many years, and usually very careful about the sites that I visit. I will follow your instructions and post back. Meanwhile, can someone else please confirm that my computer "is o.k."

Like I mentioned before I use this computer for my personal finances so it would be detrimental for it to be hijacked.

thanks again

Lets see what the logs say.

Do you have a Canon MP830? And also nVidia graphics card?

I just need to check some of the entries that they arent malicious.

Updating your Java is very important, you have jre1.5.0, whereas we are on jre1.6.0_05. Your version had some problems with it.

Did you run AVG anti-spyware? I noticed you posted a deckard scan, combofix, and hijackthis. If you did can you attach the log here as well.

If not follow below...

AVG Anti Spyware
  • Download and install the latest version of AVG Anti Spyware
  • Click Save File on the box that pops up after clicking the link
  • The AVG installer will download to your desktop, Double click on this Icon
  • In the installer Click Next, I agree, Next, Install, after it extracts the files, check box to launch AVGAS then Finish
  • With the program launched, Select the Icon at the top that says UPDATE then Start Update in the left pane
  • Now select the Icon at the top that says SHIELD then at the top of the left pane change "Resident Shield is ..." from Active to Inactive
  • After the update click on the Scanner Icon at the top, then select the settings tab, in the first section "How to act?" click on recommended actions and change it to delete.In the reports section make sure it is set to Automatically generate report after every scan
  • Click back to the Scan tab and select Complete System Scan

canon and nvidia

I have a canon mx700. I also have an nvidia graphics card. I ran ACG antispyware, I must have uploaded the wrong file. I am running it again, will post in a bit.

Can someone also tell me about the host error that I got from avg antivirus. The info Is in my first post.

Thank you

click on the attach icon and navigate to the following file to attach here. Also attach the avg log

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\host.txt

Here is the hijack file. I could not get the file from the avg spyware file because I did not have a log file to save. I do not know what is wrong.

Also the host file is to large to upload.

Thank You

Your log looks better, will you try and upload another AVG antispyware log?

How are the problems you were experiencing now?

Ffs Avg Is Free ,free Never Work! Pay For It! But Not To Expensive Go Pc World-saversotre.com Any Wer
Buy A Antivirus And U Wil Get A Powerful Antivirus Remover

Btw Atm Just Go To Google And Type In Nod32 Thats A Brilliant Antivurs System

runescape said:
Ffs Avg Is Free ,free Never Work! Pay For It! But Not To Expensive Go Pc World-saversotre.com Any Wer
Buy A Antivirus And U Wil Get A Powerful Antivirus Remover

Btw Atm Just Go To Google And Type In Nod32 Thats A Brilliant Antivurs System

NOD32 is good but AVG and Avast! are just as good and they come at a much better price, ie free.

You dont always get a better result just by paying for it, look at Norton, its unbelievably rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back