keyboard madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi dudes, i need help, my windows does not detects my ps/2 keybroad, but working fine the day before, im borrowing my bros keyboard which is usb, to type the post.

why does it detect this del usb keyboard and no other ps/2 keyboards i try to use???? I tried system restore and no like. But the reason why im using this usb one, is my ps/2 keybaord was acting funny, the left arrow key was linked the the numlock key???, i got pissed and tried another ps/2 keyboard which i had but, dont like coz it bulky, anyway i got pissed with its size and used my bros usb del keyboard. when i tried my old ps/2 keyboard windows cant find the ps/2 drivers????

anyhelp?

Can you use the keyboard before Windows boots? E.g. try entering the BIOS setup. (Are you sure you haven't plugged the kb in the mouse port?) If the thing works in BIOS, then you are having Windows issues.

Otherwise, your keyboard may be dead, the keyboard cable may be broken, your PS/2 port may be broken, your PS/2 controller may be dead. If it's the first two, then another keyboard should fix the problem, if it is the latter two, then you just have to use an USB keyboard or get a new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back