Kingston Data Traveler 2GB flash drive driver

treetops

I went to the site they had one for what appeared to be 32 GB flash drive. I got the error message when trying out that drive it wouldn't pop up and then when it does is this drive is not authorized to run this software.

Any who I would like the proper driver I have googled and googled and cannot find it.

Windows 7 64 bit home premium(currently having problems windows updating receiving help for that in virus removal)

Win7 shouldn't need any extra drivers for normal USB sticks. I have a 2 GB Datatraveler here too, works out of the box. Maybe your stick is defective or some virus is interfering?

Yes something is wrong I may end up having to do a complete reinstall of windows, I am making some decisions regarding that already. If all goes well with Microsoft I will have everything up and running, I am preparing for the worse though. I want to use this flash drive to transfer some back up data before I reinstall if I have too. At the moment I can only manually install drivers. My windows is genuine but I am have major PROBLEMS. I fear even with the driver my system will not recognize the flash drives.

I have tried 3 different flash drives in different usb spots. If a manual driver wont work I will just slowly move back up data with google drive and blank DVD's. I am dealing with those problems, I would only like to request the driver since my other issues are already being dealt with I do not want to unwittingly double post for the same problems, thank you for your time.

p.s. the stick works on every other computer

Have you verified the flash drives work in other computers? If so, and you had viruses is also possible virus disabled Windows' usb storage driver (tho if so I would expect a different error message you got) but maybe that's what happens on Win 7. When I have the chance, I'll reboot into Win 7 and tell you how to check if disabled

1. After more thought, I don't think a disabled USB storage driver is your problem but, in any case, it's easy to check to be sure. Navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor. In the right pane, the value of Start should be 3. If it's equal 4 the driver is disabled.
  2. I did a bit of googling and discovered at least some Kingston DataTravellers come with a custom Kingston app pre-installed called UrDriver. This custom, non-standard app might be the cause of that error. Checkout the UrDrive download from Kingston.
  3. Finally, are the other flash drives also Kingston? Do they have that same error? or just not recognized on just that computer? If the latter, [FONT=Arial]See if this might help [/FONT][FONT=Arial]How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers[/FONT]

1. After more thought, I don't think a disabled USB storage driver is your problem but, in any case, it's easy to check to be sure. Navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor. In the right pane, the value of Start should be 3. If it's equal 4 the driver is disabled.
  2. I did a bit of googling and discovered Kingston DataTraveller come with a custom Kingston app pre-installed called UrDriver. This custom, non-standard app might be the cause of that error. Checkout the UrDrive download from Kingston.
  3. Finally, are the other flash drives also Kingston? Do they have that same error? or just not recognized on just that computer? If the latter, [FONT=Arial]See if this might help [/FONT][FONT=Arial]How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers[/FONT]

1. I looked its 3.
2. The drive is not authorized to run this software.
3. One is a 16gb toshiba, the other was my dads on his key chain idk what it is and the kingston. All 3 work on other computers. Its this computer. I know my 2gb flash drive works on my gf's ancient mac with no internet connection or id be on here asking about the 16gb toshiba, more space ^^. Heck thats plan b though, I have some old dells I'm also planning on backing up too with the internet. Restarting and trying the drive clean solution brb.

I just realized I left that USB at my gfs house last night, I did the cleaning plugged in the 16 GB toshiba with no luck. I believe the root cause is tied to my windows not updating, it stopped 3 months ago. It all started with my automatic driver installer running none stop using all my cpu usage, so I limitted it to only look around 15 times I believe, not even sure how I did it. Around the same time a new nvidea driver would not take on my machine, likely because my nvidia control panel was updating at the same time, I have since got the newest driver, seemingly solved by disabling automatic nvidia control panel updates. I plan to dedicate some time tomorrow into trouble shooting with microsoft, I hoped to today but thats not happening. Oh yeah the only info I could find regarding the toshiba drive was that my windows 7 should already update it could not find a manual driver.

EDIT here is the toshiba flash drive its ridiculous they do not have a manual driver download
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Toshiba TransMemory 16GB USB Flash Drive&v=Toshiba&uid=USB16GBTR&l=en-US&pf=0&pi=0&s=toshiba 16gb&os=64-bit
winupdate4.png

winuppdate5.png

latestwinupdate.png

Windows comes with standard USB Mass Storage and disk drivers that all the vendors use. That's why you don't find them on anyones site.They only provide add-on applications if they provide one for their stick.

Here's another long shot but again easy to checkout. Check to see if your Plug and Play service is running. Rt click Computer->Manage->Services and Apps->Services. Scroll down to Plug And Play and see if it shows Started and StartupType=Automatic.

Can you do a full reinstall? That might be the shortest path between now and getting your machine working again

PLug and play is looking good, I can do a full reinstall, I need to catch up on a lot of college work first. I plan to 1. talk to microsoft and trouble shoot again. 2. backup on my new 2 tb hd if I can and have to reinstall 3. backup with my flash drives\old computers if I cant use my new hd and have to reinstall 4. backup with google drive\blank dvds\old computers if I have to reinstall and cannot use my new hd or flash drives.

Hello LookinAround! I need some help for smth! I have an old Kingstone USB 2 GB.I have important materials there and I can't take them back cause my computer doesn't know that device. I search for update driver and no result!!! How I can connect this usb with the pc? Cause that happened just with this USB and in all computers!!! I have all drivers installed! If you can help me, please tell me! Thanks a lot!

This is :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1.png
    1.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
Back