TechSpot

Kingston intros 12GB HyperX RAM kit for X58-based systems

By Matthew
Nov 16, 2009
  1. Kingston has introduced a new HyperX memory kit for Intel's LGA1366 Core i7 platform. The kit consists of six 2GB modules that run at 1600MHz and 1.65 with a timing of 9-9-9-27. The modules support Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), which should make things easy on you when it comes time to tweak some settings. Having been designed for use with Intel's Core i7 9xx processors, Kingston's new RAM offering is mostly aimed at system builders and "heavy-users".

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,372   +407

Very nice specs on that RAM. And for that amount and high-end type of RAM, the price is fairly reasonable too. The only problem is I don't know of many - make that any - MOBO's that have six slots for RAM. Why didn't they make it 3 sticks at 4GB each?

3. The majority of X58 i7 boards have 6 slots. Spec-wise, I don't see anything special about these at all. PC-12800 with loose timings, the only thing 'new' about these is that they come 6 to a pack instead of having to buy 2 packs of 3.

4. Timonius

Timonius TS Guru Posts: 585   +34

I wonder how long that lifetime warranty will really last, seems like something's not quite right.

5. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315

at $440 i would rather purchase a DX11 GPU.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.