TechSpot

Kitchen most dangerous place for iPhones, says SquareTrade

By Rick
Oct 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. According to data recently doled out by warranty provider SquareTrade, about 21 percent of iPhone-destroying calamities occur in the kitchen. While the kitchen is tops in terms of smartphone destruction, other rooms which come awfully close are the living room (18...

Read more

2. Gareis

Gareis TS Member Posts: 73   +14

The kitchen is probably the most dangerous as for any smart-phone, however, it can also be used to repair water damage, just stick your phone in the oven for a coupe hours.

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,453   +565

This exactly is why I don't play Fruit Ninja while cooking. One minute you're making your way up the leader boards, the next minute you're trying to explain to everyone why dinner is sending them photos of the inside of an oven.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,142   +1,532

Who carries a phone that has never been caught out in a rain? I had a phone destroyed by work environment conditions involving water 10 years ago. We have always had the technology to waterproof phones through out the entire life of a cell phone. The whole device doesn't need to be waterproofed, just the electronics within. Waterproofing the PCB would go along way in protecting the device from water damage.

I'm asking and have always asked, why cell phones have not been waterproofed by required standards?

5. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

I blame Samuel Jackson.

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +388

GREAT idea.

7. Gareis

Gareis TS Member Posts: 73   +14

It works.

8. iPhone or Kitchen? That is the question.

9. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

At least 9% of owners have the right idea.

St1ckM4n likes this.
  10. Why would an iphone user be in a kitchen. Most of them dont know how to cook

11. Q: why would an iPhone user be in a kitchen then their iPhone damaged?
    A: simple, there are 2 possibilities. First, they make a call while cooking, of course both of their hands are busy, so their iPhone clamped between shoulder and cheek; Second, they're cooking while reading/following instruction or cooking guide from their iPhone

12. The most dangerous place for an iphone or even apple products is my house.

13. The ultimate dangerous place for iPhones is where apple haters nearby or in the middle of it.. :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.