KMPlayer

maddy smith

The kmplayer cannot be found in your system.Please intall kmplayer first.

This is the message I'm getting when I run the kmplayer setup file.though I'm able to run movies in it.
1.should I use as it is?
2.what's wrong?
3.when I run a movie in it,the windows aero theme changes back to the basic theme..
what's wrong?
4.I'm unable to make kmplayer my default player.it does'nt show up in the open with list also.(probably because of not seeting up?)
what's wrong?

This is the message I'm getting when I run the kmplayer setup file.though I'm able to run movies in it.
1.should I use as it is?
2.what's wrong?
3.when I run a movie in it,the windows aero theme changes back to the basic theme..
what's wrong?
4.I'm unable to make kmplayer my default player.it does'nt show up in the open with list also.(probably because of not seeting up?)
what's wrong?
You might try uninstalling it, rebooting & re installing it. Download it to your desktop & go from there.

Have already done that.
I download it to my pc and then it asks "run or save".
I select save.
then it shows installing and completes.

1.should I use as it is?
2.what's wrong?
what's wrong?
what's wrong?

Regarding Aero theme, says in post #5 here that

Aero gets disabled when Overlay Mixer is used. Avoid that by changing the video renderer (right-click -> Video advanced -> Video renderer). You can select for example Enhanced Video Renderer.

If you can't see the advanced menu, go to right-click -> Options -> Advanced menu.

1. First of all, I'd say you do a clean uninstall of any previous version with revo uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html)
2. Then, I'd recommend you download( then select run ) and install kmplayer version 3.3xx( version 3.4 has some bugs with regard to audio/video sync).

3. The first time it runs, a window will pop up with the initial setup, you need to select user defined setting, proceeding further select " quality or 3GHz Mode ", towards the end it will give you option for file associations, there select the applicable checkboxes.

You should be fine. In case the initial setup does not run by itself, navigate to the folder where you have it installed and double-click on "KMPSetup".

@Rabbit01>dear mr.rabbit01,I inform you with great regret that the problem has not been solved.
it is still going back to basic theme.:confused:
@T77>I tried with the revouninstaller,but the problem persists.

PowerDVD10 used to do that when I played Blu-ray movies. Screen would flash and W7 went from Aero to basic theme. Then goes back to Aero theme when I closed the player. It was annoying to see the flash but I hardly saw the desktop & etc since I watched movies in full screen. A program update later resolved the issue. Guess you aren't watching videos in full screen?

Anyway, there are alternatives to kmplayer such as MPC-HC & VLC. Both plays a variety of files and for me the Aero theme doesn't change during playback.

it is still going back to basic theme.:confused:
@T77>I tried with the revouninstaller,but the problem persists.

You might as well switch to vlc as Rabbit01 mentioned, but did you follow the step 3 that I mentioned in my post(selecting 3GHz mode), as that very step solved the similar aero problem for me that you mention.

Short-cut:Step 1.right-click anywhere in KMP window--->options--->advanced menu
Step 2.right-click anywhere in KMP window---> video(advanced)---->preset: quality(3GHz)

Back