Kodak EasyShare software

I want to install kodak easyshare and am having trouble the instructions tell me to log in to the log in with administrator. where is that as i cannot find it

Your thread has been moved to the correct forum. The Introduce yourself forum is for introduction threads for new members like yourself, not technical enquiries.

Sounds like the installation of the software needs to be done with an account with administrative priviledges. So you need to be logged into a user account in Windows with administrator rights.

Navigate to the setup file on the disc containing the software (or select the file if downloaded) and select the right mouse button, and then select with the left mouse button "Run as Administrator" from the menu. It will then load with full administrator rights.

The same is true if you need to run a program with Administrator rights; except for you select the executable file that starts the particular application you need to run.

The RUNAS ... trick is very useful, but fyi, there are installers that verify the credentials of the parent task and refuse if it is not an Admin account.

Try the RUNAS and place your data files in the root (ie C:\My Pictures) to allow all users to have access to it
(if you don't, then only the admin will have access at \Docs & Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures).[*]

IF the installer refuses, then you need to actually login to the admin account to complete the install.

[*] You will need to set the <Everyone> group to have the NTFS privs of full control, but that's trivial

Hope you get on better than I did, last week it took 15 mins to download 75MB, then failed to run with a missing 'ESApp.dll'. Could be a genuine fault, of course.
This was using Windows 7 H.P. 32bit.
Otherwise try 'Picasa 3', very similar software.

How to download the already uploaded albums in my kodak gallery account. I have also downloaded and installed the 'Kodak EasyShare Software' but unable to find the login option in there. Please help me by replying here or mail me to my Mail address, which is (email address removed for your safety). Many Thanks.

If you can avoid that program like the plague. Google's Picasa is a far more preferable option. (I like the folder-based orginization and meta-data tagging, when the program crashes it's far less likely to screw you in the process).

If you must run the program follow jobeard's advice.

btw: the Kodak upload site is now defunct and is migrating to Shutterfly.com

@c2h899 is right; 'Easyshare' is bloated and sometimes needs to be reinstalled - - I like Picasa 3 :)

You can do everything you want without the EasyShare software. I loaded it on my desktop when I got the first camera. But I ended up using the features in my Windows XP for photos.

I didn't load the software on the laptop and have an easier time working with images without it!

Kodak has gone bankrupt so you might want to consider Picassa, other photo program if you're a serious photographer or even none at all!

Back