Laptop intermittently freezing

andreespat

My laptop keeps freezing periodically, regardless if I'm working on something of it's sitting idle. I've already checked everything for overheating and drivers, but nothing's worked. Please help.

Sorry about that. I completely forgot to post that stuff in my rush. It's an acer aspire 5251-1513, about two years old.

So have you pulled out the memory and re-installed the modules in opposite sockets, or tried them one at a time?

I had a cousin that works in IT help me out with that in his free time. I couldn't find time to drive to him again, so here I am.

Try running the laptop on the AC adapter without the battery installed. See if it still freezes

It froze up while starting up the first time, but I've tried it again and it's been running smoothly for the past hour. Curious on my own, I recalled that I had firefox running each time it froze. Braving the possibility of it freezing again, I looked through the about:config prompt and found something named "funmoods" has snuck it's way in. That shouldn't be normal, right?

Also, sorry for the delay. I've got work and class all day.

Back