Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

I have the same problem. When turning on the laptop screen goes to white, I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything. I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded. I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge. I replaced the cable and it was the same, just white. The problem I think is with the motherboard and the intergrated video card. Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot. I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in, but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots. So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread - https://www.techspot.com/community/...up-white-and-stays-white.199331/#post-1375196

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

Okay here is a new scenario I have completely taken this laptop apart and have checked all connections. I then took my other laptop apart and changed out the screens to see if this was the problem. It was not. the screen that is white on bootup was fine on the other computer and the other computers LCD when plugged into the G7 was white still( just backlighting). So now I am confused on what the problem is. If it is not the intergrated video card on the motherboard because it works with an external monitor and the LCD cable has been replaced then what is the problem?

This is a strange one indeed... The motherboard (G7) could have a bad LCD connector, so it looks like you will need a new motherboard to fix this issue

Back