Leaked: images and video of the Nintendo 3DS

Emil

A handful of pictures of the Nintendo 3DS have leaked over on TGBUS. They show that the company has slightly tweaked the final hardware by flattening the Start, Home, and Select buttons to be flush with the device. Other than that, the device seems unchanged from earlier models shown to the press.

Meanwhile, a leaked video reveals a 1,300 mAh battery (compared to the DSi XL's 1,050 mAh battery, the DSi's 840 mAh, the DS Lite's 1,000 mAh, and the DS' 850mAh) as well as 96MB of RAM (possibly a portion made available to developers from a 128MB chip). It also shows relative size differences between the 3DS, DSi, and the DS Lite.

Four months ago, Nintendo announced during a press event in Tokyo that the portable gaming device would arrive in Japan on February 26, 2011 and would cost 25,000 yen. A release date for the US and Europe was merely stated as sometime in March 2011, with exact pricing yet to be announced.

The new 3DS will feature a Virtual Console that will allow users to download Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games, a Tag Mode that enables Nintendo 3DS portables to find nearby handhelds to connect with and exchange data, a Mii Studio that can automatically make Mii avatars based on real photos, and Augmented Reality Games that will come preloaded on the system. Users will also be able to tweak the 3D effect for games and content through a slider on the right, take standard or 3D pictures with the device's multiple cameras, and connect to the Internet via 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi.

Permalink to story.

This is just an SDK unit and at the moment useless with out the official firmware, but this device could be useful for future homebrew projects, I would make a nice offer for it!

I still don't understand how this is Nintendo 3D. It looks the same as before.

I wish the VC would include NES and SNES games too.

completely different hardware to the DS, that and I believe the VC will be available to the system like the Wii so you may see SNES/NES games.

The hardware is more on par with the NGC and for a hand held thats quite good.

As I said this is a stolen SDK unit and if it has it's adapters and interface units and debug equipment I would pay a nice price to have this unit.

Back