TechSpot

Leaked Intel slides detail Haswell's Lynx Point chipset

By Shawn Knight
Nov 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. New details on Intel's Haswell microarchitecture, the successor to Ivy Bridge, have recently emerged. Specifically, a series of leaked slides have been posted online that outline the Lynx Point chipset in pretty great detail.

Read more

2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon TS Enthusiast Posts: 149   +41

"DDR4?"

Obviously not.

1) Not a single DDR4 stick is for sale in public retail channels like Newegg and it's only about 8 months from Haswell's launch.

2) Based on #1, we can infer that DDR4 would be more expensive than DDR3 even if some DDR4 sticks are released in 2013. This is because to achieve economies of scale, you need volume production and sales. DDR4 won't be able to achieve that in only 5-6 months.

3) DDR4 was never rumored for socket 1150, only for workstations/enterprise markets.

4. No PCI-E 3.0 lanes? Am I missing something?

5. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

Ya what he said....
    :)

6. JironMo

JironMo TS Rookie

Maybe because the PCI-E lanes from the CPU are already 3.0. The 8 lanes of PCI-E 2.0 is enough, I guess?

7. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,869   +697

DDR4 is slated for Haswell-EP/-EN (C610 / Wellsburg chipset) - the enthusiast follow on from Ivy Bridge-E (X79 / C600/602/606)

8. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 413   +42

USB2 must die. Please just make 8x USB3 and scrap USB2 from the board altogether

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,499   +307

Agreed, once they kill off USB2 altogether then companies will start to make all their products USB3 compatible speeding up everything, man I can't wait until than happens :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.