TechSpot

Lenovo hires Ashton Kutcher as product engineer, celebrity endorser

By Shawn Knight
Oct 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Product engineer and celebrity endorser typically aren’t two job titles that you’d find on an individual’s resume but that’s the exact role (no pun intended) that actor Ashton Kutcher will fulfill in his new position with Lenovo.

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,752   +1,106

He's not really Steve Jobs, Lenovo, he just played him in the movie.

3. Lol exactly what I thought. Seems like everyone's smoking something nowadays.

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

I know Hollywood can be confusing to viewers, but somebody should tell Lenovo that Kutcher isn't Jobs...

wastedkill likes this.
  5. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

I actually read the whole article and learned a lot about Ashton. As much as I hate his "comedy", he seems to be very bright and actually capable of fulfilling the role.

Arris likes this.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

I may have had a more sarky comment to make if I'd ever heard of him.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,899

8. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Guru Posts: 435   +24

He did a biopic on jobs,plays a software billionaire on a sitcom this seems like his next movie role than a job.

9. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 190   +30

It's a great marketing hire.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

You da man. Whether we get/got this show in South Africa, I don't know. Apart from sport & doccies I don't watch much else. In fact the last movie I watched was 'Titanic' and that was only because the ship itself fascinated me. Not the movie. :(

11. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,323   +135

Fail.

12. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

I think it's a smart marketing move considering Lenovo already produces great hardware all around, they just need to appeal to the masses to give it a try. On the other hand, Kutcher may better not get caught using an iPad or Macbook while at home, otherwise it's going to be a big fail for Lenovo.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,899

Ohh, that would be so hilarious.

14. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I laughed when I saw this

15. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

What is this world coming to -_-

16. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

You would think Apple would have hired him;

17. devicefix

devicefix TS Rookie

Please research this: If I'm correct, Ashton only lasted one semester as a Biochemistry major, before he dropped out under the cloud of academic probation. Nice try though. What exactly did he learn in ninety days? Apparently a language barrier and the starstruck Lenovo thinks that he's a Mechanical or Computer Engineer. An endorsement is all they really have, but just how much of that will translate to sales?