TechSpot

Lexmark x73 printer hardware problem

By gumnut
Feb 6, 2005
  1. Hello all
    I am trying to get a Lexmark x73 up and running again - its been sitting around in storage for a while - PC itself has a bunch of issues but i think i've managed to sort most of those out - ie USB controller issues - anyhoo

here's the problem
    when i try to turn the printer/scanner on to install it, the power light comes on for a few seconds then the printer head violently smashes itself against the inside of the case and the it turns itself off - or rather into standby mode (flashing light)

I can't seem to find a reset switch and am begining to think it might just be kaput

does anyone have any suggestions?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Welcome to TechSpot

It being a Lexmark, you finally found a good way to use your windows. Open them up, throw it out, and hope nobody was walking underneath!

Don't waste your energy on a crap printer that costs an arm and a leg to run.
    Get a new one, such as the Canon Pixma IP4000. Relatively cheap to buy, very cheap to run with 5 separate cartridges, extremely good in print- and photo-quality. Connects USB and Parallel.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.