LF suggestions for a new PC

Flopi

Hey all, i'm looking to upgrade my current build with the following configuration:
CPU: Intel® CoreTM i5-760
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
RAM: Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
HDD: WD5000AAKS
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI
Case: Enermax ECA3190-BS

I already own the 64bit op sys.
The overall budget is 900$.
Any feedback/suggestions/thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks for your time and I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Oooh yeah, some nice choices there..I'de be more than happy with that.
If your saying that only some of them are nice choices... on which one could i improve?... i'm particularly interested in the choice of the motherboard. I had a selection of three from which i chose the one mentioned in the previous post. The other two were: Asus P7P55D & ASRock P55 Pro.

Flopi said:
If your saying that only some of them are nice choices... on which one could i improve?... i'm particularly interested in the choice of the motherboard. I had a selection of three from which i chose the one mentioned in the previous post. The other two were: Asus P7P55D & ASRock P55 Pro.

Well, the case i can't really comment on because ive got my own personal favorite that i doubt i'll ever change, but apart from that, they all look pretty much spot on. I think i'de probably stay with the Gigabyte board if i had the choice...I'm actually eying one up myself for the future.

That GPU's a very nice choice...

JMMD said:
That is an Nvidia GPU, Gigabyte just makes the card.
Huh?..I never said nothing ;)

Good build, but I personally would make a few changes.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 - Pretty much the same board just better priced.
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800 - Overall better RAM for hardly an increase in price, and it would probably be wise to get 8GB's if you could.
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - I would say this is the better buy vs WD alternatives at the moment.

Regarding your other parts, cases are subjective and I personally would choose an Antec/Cooler Master over Enermax. The Corsair power supply is fine for this system but you could go with something a little less powerful if you wanted to cut down the price. The GTX 460 is a perfect card depending on your resolution, and that Gigabyte one comes at a good price. I noticed you didn't list an optical drive, are planning on reusing your old one? If not this Lite-On should serve you well.

I would recommend this PSU over the Corsair; better efficiency for around the same price.

I also second Relic's recommendation for the SpinPoint F3 1TB.

Lastly, unless the Enermax case is cheaper, another case like the Cooler Master 690 II would be a better choice.

Back